Commentary is appreciated.

Specs:

Diameter: 64.6mm
Width: 44mm
Bearing size: Size C

Yeah, this is one oversized monster.

Shot of the spike.

uh. no.

so many things wrong with this design ill give the more blatant ones.
the cut under the rim is going to be almost impossible to machine.
that spike is going to counter balance the rim to much and if you were going for a rim heavy yoyo its going to make it really light feeling. also it looks a bit sharp and a good rule in cad is if it looks sharp in cad is going to be 10x sharper in real life. your wall is not going to be able to support the weight and its going to hurt a lot when you catch it because of the grooves. The top cut on rim is just dumb. round that sucker off before it cuts through someones string.

overall a real uncomfortable design. and did you make the seat yourself? i know a way better one i can get you that i use on my yoyos.

Is there an estimated weight?

So I’ve always wanted to try designing one for fun. What is the program you are using and are there good free ones out there?

K, thanks for the constructive criticism. Should I make the walls thicker? Where’s the seat you use?

Autodesk 123D Design was the program I was using.

Pm me for the seat and the wall needs to be at least 2mm

Is it free?

looks like a fun design, need more tweak though.
Walls need to be thicker, depending on what metal you going to use, it can be about 2 mm, thinner for stronger metals.
bearing seat need more work, I failed 3 times with my design.
I can help with CAD if you want, just shot me a PM.

You can probably go down to 1.7-1.8 mm on the walls as long as it isn’t that thin in high impact areas. But that’s the thinnest I’ve seen mentioned for 6061. Anything lower could definitely risk structural integrity.

What CAD do you use? And is it free?

Other than the sharp corners and the disproportionately huge spike (compare it to some old yyjs if you would), I don’t see anything definitively wrong in this sketch. For ref, wall thickness are 0.9-1.5 for 6061 (low and high stress & impact load areas respectively) and 0.7-1.2 for 7075

I got the bearing seat from Zorro in one of his tutorials on how to make a yoyo in 123D Design.