CLYW Igloo

you need about as little as an ac2 dome hub, a bonfire catchzone groove plus some classic gruntbull colorways to make it ‘‘look’’ like a past clyw. None of these really matters though when it comes to how the yoyo plays.

I guess I’d like to know what makes this different than all the other V shaped bi-metals on the market?

At least the same thing that makes one of those all differ from another of those all. However i definitely too would like this throw more if it had those features i named

It’s made by China CLYW

I think Chris definitely stepped away from some of the classic CLYW aesthetic to give Kurti a signature yo-yo that he really wanted. I thought the same when I first saw it, still do actually - It doesn’t look like a CLYW, but when you throw it you still get some of that special CLYW feel and it’s just a flat out great yo-yo. It may not be for everyone, but I think people will like it.

1 Like

Pretty Interesting. It looks like a mix between the Palpitation and the Krown.

Looks like a C3

To me it looks like a Gnarwhal 2 with SS rings :-\

I actually didn’t see that similarity at first. I LOVE the Gnarwhal 2!

Some cool color choices - Night Fishing and Maiderade especially (Maiderade reminds me of my first Blizzard which turned out to be defect but I had fallen in love with the colorway).

Shape somewhat looks Gnarwhal-ish but the edges are a bit sharper. Gnarwhal 2 was a great yoyo (My first CLYW) so I’m sure this will be great.

I think the shape is closest to the Bear vs. Man 2 of previous CLYW models.

1 Like

WARNING! Public service announcement. 'If reading long winded posts causes you any distress or Cranial pressure; please stop HERE! You have been Warned…

I think CLYW gets ‘the Krown’ for coming out with New designs that give people ‘Palpitations’, lol.

…I remember back when I was a kid; we used to ride our bikes past the local Bakery. About 8 of us with not enough change to actually buy stuff. We would park our bikes and stand around staring in the Windows. We would take turns talking smack about the various items to justify not buying anything.

…chocolate chip cookies with too many chips…chocolate chip cookies with not enough chips… The cakes have too much frosting… I saw a fly land on that Eclair… The people at the Bakery don’t wash their hands… Too pricey… Etc…

Talk trash/Save cash😳

This was back in the late 50’s.

Then we would get on our bikes and ride all over town to the various Construction sites. The workers would very kindly leave All their empty soda bottles for us to gather up and recycle: Coke, Pepsi, RC Cola, Bubble Up, Dads Root Beer, Vernors, and the list goes on…

We would gather up Amazing numbers of bottles. Cash them in and head right back to that Bakery🤓 To buy some of the stuff we had just ridiculed a few hours earlier.

…Isn’t it Amazing how we can All ride our bikes around the block. And skid to a stop and stare into the display cases at the ‘Yo-Yo Store’ and taking turns, taking pot shots at a New CLYW?

The diversity of comments is simply amazing. I am not saying they are all negative or whatever.

I just think that before people get out da chainsaw, that they consider giving Chris/CLYW some Respect on the Positive history of his releases.

We pretty much All know at least a few things about CLYW. 1. The yoyos are not inexpensive. 2. The yoyos are very well made. 3. Most of the color ways are very nice looking. 4. Most of Chris Mikulins releases play very well indeed. 5. Even his Fools Gold yoyos play very well. Most people can’t even figure out why he downgrades them, haha🤔

…It looks just like the other one. It doesn’t look like another one. It doesn’t even look like a CLYW. It doesn’t speak to me. Not very impressive. Too expensive. Looks like a model from another Company. <infinity…

It is so easy to just go by what you ‘think’ and never pursue anything based on what ‘you know’.

Sometimes it is just that easy to dismiss things and save money. Remember the fox that couldn’t jump high enough to reach the grapes? He remarked, ‘They are probably sour anyways’.

Ok, let’s get something out of the way. Let’s throw everything but the kitchen sink at CLYWs’ New release; based on any possible unpositive comment we can conjure up.

Ok, whew… We got that $tuff out the way, lol.

…Now, let’s go by what we know; using logical minds.

Chris Knows how to design yoyos. He started off ‘smart’ and has gotten smarter with every release. This isn’t a game for him. CLYW is how he pays the bills. Chris has something in common with Shawn and David from One Drop. Both Company’s’ know that, ‘Anything short of doing something right, is doing it wrong’.

Their processes may be different; but their results are very similar; Excellent results.

I only mention One Drop because this post/rant/oratory is not from a Fanboy. I do not like All CLYW yoyos as much as one another. I never liked the Basalope. I never cared at all for a co-lab called the Gallactic goose.
Everybody likes the Chief; right? I don’t and I don’t even own one.

Regardless, the majority of CLYW yoyos are very good playing yoyos. If they weren’t proven performers; the average price range would have killed his Company a long long time ago.

Bottom line? Glad you wondered.

(A personal background note, inserted here<> I used to teach people how to paint cars. I used to tell them that the reputation of the Bodyshop they might eventually work for; rolls out on the back bumper of every Paintjob that leaves the driveway. Doing good work will bring you more Business. Doing bad work will just bring you to a state of Unemployment)

It honestly doesn’t matter if this New yoyo looks more like a BVM or a Gnarwhal 2. It doesn’t even matter if it looks just like any other CLYW or doesn’t look anything like any other yoyo you have ever seen in your life.

What really matters is that Chris is fully aware his Pricepoints immediately place his New releases under Scrutiny. He ‘knows this’. This is nothing new. It’s part of the Challenge.

His solution? Simple. Design excellent yoyos. Have them made by people willing and able to execute his designs with a high level of accuracy. Thoroughly Test and retest and tweak Protos until all testers are happy. (Remember Steve Brown throws these yoyos around too, long before they roll out for sale)

Then… Release them. People end up balancing thinner wallets with thicker smiles😄

I have a Scout. One of the very best playing single metal yoyos I have ever touched, thrown or owned.

I bought a Blizzard((first CLYW bi-metal; how could I not?). The Blizzard is right at the Top level of the Bi-metal food chain(in my opinion).

Now, after amazing me with the Blizzard; do I have any reservations that this 2nd bi-metal might not impress me?

Fat chance…

Hold my place in line, please…

I’m going down to the Bakery😳

5 Likes

CLYW’s name ======> Put some #respeck on it. :smiley:

because you believe that Clyw doesn’t make yoyo in China?
or that the yo-yo made in China, can not be great yo-yo as those made in any part of the world?
… Let me pleasure …

I don’t get your point - but the video was cool :smiley:

maybe I have not understood the meaning of your previous post?
What did you mean?

When he said China clyw, he was referring to those yoyos that clyw has that are made in China.

I think it looks nice. Never have used or owned a clyw, but maybe this could be my first…

thank you.
maybe, a great Clyw made in China will come soon …

good night :wink:

1 Like

I believe Kurti’s original request was along the lines of “I want something shaped like the BvsM2 that is bi-metal and lets me do everything I want.”

So Chris designed something that follows the same design path that started with BvsM and BvsM2, but utilizes his improved knowledge of weight distribution and design. He watched Kurti’s contest routines, talked to Kurti at length, and designed something that fit our dude’s needs.

According to Kurti, it’s the best return top he’s ever thrown, and he stopped playing with everything else once he got it.

We are 100% stoked on that. And in a few hours, when we drop Michael’s new video, you’ll probably understand why we’re so stoked on that. We love this guy, and we’re so beyond happy to have made him a return top that fits him perfectly.

Thanks for all the interest and discussion.

1 Like

I just found an igloo online and I’m so surprised its still in stock! It was in the night fishing colorway for 175 bucks. Just something cool I saw on ■■■■■■■■