Yoyofficer Kilter 2 Review

What qualifies as a great yoyo? Of course, we all have our ideas opinions and at the end if the day, people just like what they like. One thing that is easy to believe is that the more you pay, the better the yoyo should be, right? Well… Not necessarily.

In my opinion, there are 4 criteria of a truly great yoyo: performance, aesthetics, feel, and price. The best yoyos have a balance of all of these things. So does the Yoyofficer Kilter 2 have this balance?

Specs
Diameter - 54.02mm
Width - 43.8mm
Weight - 65.5g
Gap width - 4.3mm

The Kilter 2 is an H-shaped yoyo. The primary wall begins with a small angle from the response area then angles down more to a very small H-wall. The cup has a thickened rim dropping down to two tiny steps sloping again to a slightly bowl shaped hub. I think is fairly well thought out for such an inexpensive yoyo.

The Kilter 2’s first runs were all solid colours which looked just fine. The latest runs have acidwash colours which is a really good offering for its price.

The guts reveal Yoyofficer’s 10 ball grooved bearing and their 19mm black pads. The gear they put in all their yoyos. It just works well.

I really love the feeling of the Kilter 2 in play. It has a satisfying, balanced smoothness in the way it feels and moves. The kind of quality evident in much more expensive 6061 yoyos. It reminds me a little of the feeling of the Gen-Yo Prestige although the behaviour of the two are quite different. From the first throw, the Kilter 2 gives you a solid confidence that it can handle whatever you want to do with it. For a light yoyo, it has just the right amount of heft and speed and really shines in fast play. The weight distribution is good for horizontal, and again it feels satisfying, but you need to be careful to play accurately and smoothly otherwise it can lose spin quickly and snag. I believe this is manly due to the tiny angle next to the response. Other yoyos such as the C3Yoyodesign Krown have this too, and the Krown really chews up horizontal tricks like nothing. The difference, I believe could be the tiny angle on Kilter 2 has the same blast as the rest of the yoyo, but on the Krown, it doesn’t. However, the Kilter 2 is a still a decent horizontal performer.

The word kilter means ‘balance’ or ‘good order’ and that’s exactly what you get in the Kilter 2. It’s a yoyo that performs well overall, feels great in play and comes in acidwash colours. I think it embodies Yoyofficer’s goal of affordable, good looking and great performing yoyos. It really is commendable, and it goes to show that you don’t need to pay a lot for great performance. There is nothing else at $30 that can beat what you get with the Kilter 2.

Nothing.

']YoYoExpert mobile app[/URL]

Great review!

nice review, I like the pictures.

The Kilter 2 is a great throw!