Replacement axle for Sengoku Masamune

Recently bought a Masamune with a really annoying pulsating vibe, I tried swapping many bearings in and the problem seems to be with the yoyo. Do you guys think the axle could be the issue? it looks straight, I even rolled it on a flat surface to check if any threads lift at any point, and they don’t. Does anyone know offhand what size axles these yoyos use?

If the axle rolls flat there’s no point in changing it out.

On the other hand if you are dead set to do it, axles are a stock hardware item - a set screw. Just go to a hardware store and find the right size. It’s no doubt metric. I’d start by looking at a M4 screw (4 mm). Length to suit.

I gotta agree with jhb… it’s not likely the axle.

Masamune is a bi-metal, and several different bimetal models can have their SS rings knocked a bit off-kilter, which will definitely induce vibe.

If it was purchased brand new, talk to the vendor. They should be able to put you in touch with a manufacturer to see if there’s anything that can be done.

There’s likely no problem with your Masamune.

Masamunes do actually have a bit of pulsating vibe. It isn’t a defect and does not affect performance. Yoyos with very thin walls and very heavy rims have a little pulsating vibe.

Don’t let it bother you too much.

However, Sengoku has superb customer service and if you get in touch with Julio, he’ll bend over backwards to help you out.

I would agree with the others and say its probably not the axle. Bi-metals can get a pulsating vibe when one of the rings is a little out of place. This is almost always pretty fixable since they’re just press fit.

Did you purchase it from us? If you did, give us a call or send an email and we can help you out.

So it turns out my Draupnirs axle threads into my Masamune nicely, and this solved the pulsing vibe (still not glass smooth but no longer a visible issue) so now I’m just gonna track down another axle at homedepot that matches tomorrow.

I’m glad you solved then issue with the pulsing vibe, but it is possible to get the Masamune glass smooth. I have now managed it with mine using the teflon (plumber’s) tape method. It’s perfect now. Give it a try!