Oops!

So, I made an oopsy, and I applied too much lube to my brand-spankin’ new Replay Pro (Came in earlier today, with my amazing Big Dipper <3) and now it’s super responsive, and I think the top of my middle finger is about to fall off from it snapping up and destroying my hand. So, how do I fix it and make it unresponsive again? I’d rather have 2 amazing unresponsive plastics than 1 amazing unresponsive plastic.

On another, unimportant note, I hit myself w/ my Replay earlier and it drew blood. T_T

You just need to clean the bearing. Here’s a thread that explains how:

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,871.0.html

Look up how to clean a bearing. Do that to it and either don’t lube it when you are done or put the smallest amount on possible. Or you could throw the yoyo a ton and let it sleep a ton. That will take a lot longer…

It’s definitely not the bearing, I’ve tried it with a basic OneDrop bearing, that was dry, and it still snapped up. I lubed my Big Dipper right after and it was fine, so, wut?

If it isn’t the bearing then you either 1) got some lube on the pads or 2) overtightened the yo-yo.

1. Silicone pads are pretty absorbent, if you spill lube on them they will expand and can snag the string making the yo-yo seem responsive. Just take a look at the pads and see if they’re sitting flush in the groove and make sure they’re not moving around.

2. If you over tighten the replay pro you can damage the plastic bearing seat which will cause the bearing to rub and make it responsive. Take the yo-yo apart, set the bearing on one side and give it a flick - Does it spin? Set it on the other side and repeat - Does it spin? Put the yo-yo together, wrap the string around the bearing a couple times and pull - Does it spin? If the answer is no to any of the questions above then the problem is the bearing seat.

It spins fine on the side that doesn’t have an axle, on the axle side, it spins maybe 2.5 times and stops completely. The test with the string didn’t work either, so I’m guessing it’s the bearing seat, is it possible to fix a damaged bearing seat?

I’m not sure it would be worth it on a replay since it’s so inexpensive to begin with.
When you put it together are the arrows lined up?
Remember not to tighten it past the arrows lining up.
It may be possible to leave it a little looser if the damage is not too severe.

Try taking the shields off the bearing and see if that makes a difference. If that doesn’t help then you can try a little sandpaper on the bearing seat where it’s rubbing against the bearing.

If you bought it from us we can take a look at it for you, juts give us a call or send an email and we can try to help you out.

Would like to add that in the futur when screwing together a yoyo, you don’t want to crank it gently screw it together till it is most of the way together, then put a palm on each cup and turn till the rims spin in your hand. no excessive force or fingers needed.