EDC Yoyo knife/tool

So, while the 3x5 pouch was okay, it really didn’t make sense for me personally.

I usually have either just 1 yoyo in my pocket, or I want my supplies and more than one yoyo, so that pouch was no real benefit to me beyond the original tools-only pouch.

Conveniently I have internal pockets in my daily shoulder bag where I can stash a couple yoyos to keep them from clattering around with all the other garbage I carry, so that + the original Barnacle pouch worked okay.

But I was curious to see what this other pouch was like, that I saw when researching the last update.

This is the Maxpedition 4x6, the next step up from the 3x5:

Available for only $2-$4 more than the 3x5, depending on color and availability:

The break down is pretty much the same aside from size. One unsecured outer pocket, one zippered outer pocket, two elastic pockets internal. Main compartment: 5.25"(L) x 2"(W) x 3.75"(H)
So, the two inside pockets easily hold several dime-bags of spare bearings and some response pads on side, and a half dozen strings on the other.

The main compartment generously holds 1-4 yoyos, and I’ve been carrying 4, double stacked, even with a big bottle of lube between them.

A double stack takes them right up to the top, but its not difficult to close. Actually I like that arrangement, because it keeps everything snug, and there is nothing to worry about if you stack two metals on one another. there isn’t much room to move around and slam into each other.
You can see how nice and cozy the bottom of the stack is here:

So while this is not everyone’s definition of EDC, it works well for me. This way rather than look in my shoulder bags various pockets to see if I have what I want (usually at least one plastic for outside, and whatever metal or two I’m into that week) I can just keep the pouch stocked, and throw that in when I leave in the morning. I also play out in my yard a lot, especially when I’m grilling dinner etc, so I can just grab the pack and take it to the yard and have a couple options, my tools, etc, so I don’t have to come in if I need a new string, need to change a bearing, switch yoyos, pick a knot, etc. Same goes for travel. Just throw the 4pack in my saddle bags or luggage, and not have to worry about it, and then when I want to play, I’ll have some options, and anything else I need.

Anyway. Its fun to put things inside of other things. :stuck_out_tongue:

Incidentally, I’ll probably be putting the 3x5 on ebay now, unless anyone wants to snatch it up.

Oh, and today its filled with a new arrival too, and its really awesome! . . .  I’ll have to update the Mail Delivery thread later.  8)