One Drop Gauntlet: A High Speed YoYo Review

You know what I miss most from my childhood… arcades. Yes, I know we still have them today but they just are not the same. I miss those old palaces of video game glory where it was a simple quarter to play and the games were just so darn fun to play. The best part was the price. For a quarter you got as much game as your skills would allow you to play and the games’ designs were such that you kept returning for more. That being said, you never felt bad for blowing your whole week’s allowance, in quarter form of course, in those dimly lit palaces of light and sound. I must not be the only one who is pining for those days of old, the guys over at One Drop have been on a roll lately with their yo-yos that are named after those video games of yesteryear with the Vanguard, Gauntlet, and the upcoming Cabal. Today’s Gauntlet is carrying the banner for one of those arcade cabinets that drained my pockets of quarters nearly every weekend for quite some time. So, in my eyes, it has a lofty name to live up to.

Click here to continue reading the review.

1 Like

Once again, a top notch review. It is very impressive to hear how favorably the Gauntlet compares to MarkMont Classic, which is one of my favorite yoyos.

is it impossible to do a thumb grind on this or would throwing at a slight angle suffice?

They can be done when thrown at an angle but the yo-yo was not designed with them in mind.

1 Like