Long String Struggles

Hi guys. I have ran into a problem while yoyoing which may have an effect on my competitive play. I need to use a fairly long string so I can execute my tech tricks, but this causes me to go pretty slow on my speed combos, or mess them up altogether. While I did try using shorter string, the tech tricks then became very hard. Is there a way to help this, or will I get better with time? Please leave feedback! Thanks!

try a shorter string, but only shorter by very small amounts. usually an inch is too much. maybe you can find that sweet spot.

1 Like

I’ve experimented in the past with wrapping some string around my throw finger, or hand to make is shorter.

1 Like

Make sure the yoyo is always really close to the point where the string connected to your yoyo meets the first finger it touches. I think that’s physics but I dunno. The yoyo will move fastest when there is the least distance between the yoyo and the joint (dunno if that’s the right word) that it’s hinging from.

1 Like

I think the shorter string will help with accomplishing the faster play on the combos.  The idea of the last post with distance should also speed things up.  There may be a way to generate more momentum into the throw and continue into the speed combo.

I had to read the “Long String Struggles” post.  Since I had a few struggles of my own; however they were solved with a face shield and a leather glove.  The string problem was something totally different.  Best wishes on finding the perfect string size for competitive play!

Filmed awhile back with an old camera…

3 Likes

That is really impressive!

Thanks! Side note: I started using a shield after replacing my front teeth a while back.

From hitting your teeth with a yoyo :frowning: ouch! Bet that hurt!

A little… not as much as the dental bill… :slight_smile:

Lol, I bet :wink: