Gambit:Garden (New)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H_7cYxTmT0&feature=share

Enjoy! :smiley:

omg so good! I love how you end with the same clip that you started with. reallllly nice.

do you film yourself?

Thanks man! ;D

Yep, just a DLSR and a tripod. Makes things more difficult because getting shots in focus can sometimes be a nightmare with such narrow depth of field, so if thereā€™s anyone around to help me focus a shot then I might ask them if they can help out, but this one was a strictly solo deal. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve tried filming on a DSLR and my ā€œnifty fiftyā€ (50mm) lens. It is difficult to set up the shot and get things in focus, lot of trial and error until you hit that sweet spot, the results can be stunning and definitely give a certain look you canā€™t get on a phone or Gopro.

The multi angle stuff, do you set up more than 1 camera or do you splice together multiple takes of the same trick from different angles?

Cool stuff, now that itā€™s becoming lighter out later, I should pull out my DSLR and start filming some stuff Iā€™ve picked up on over the past few months.

Loved that under-leg bind at :57. This is a really great video. Nicely done!

Very well done video as always Gambit, love it! You just earned yourself a repost on instagram ;D

So great. Youā€™re batting 100 on full-length videos so far. :slight_smile:

Love seeing that signature trick of yours making a reappearance. You know the oneā€¦the one I still havenā€™t learned yetā€¦

So good

This is more like a meditationā€¦ I really enjoy your filming style and how everything flows well.

Same questionā€¦alsoā€¦for how long have you been yoyoing sir gambit??
And did you add the sound effects later or does your garden actually sound like peace

1. I only have one camera so I set it up and film each trick from different angles, then splice them together at the end.

2. Iā€™ve been yoyoing about 3 years. I donā€™t really think Iā€™m as decent as I should be considering thatā€™s how long Iā€™ve been throwing, haha. I really should practice more, itā€™s just finding the timeā€¦

3. Nope, those are the actual sounds. Itā€™s actually my friendā€™s garden, I chose it because itā€™s so peaceful. My garden just sounds like cars, airplanes and the occasional police siren. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks so much for all the kind words guys!

That was beyond-awesome of you to do man, I was shocked when I saw it! Thank you so so much! I woke up this morning with like 50 more followers (1000 here we comeā€¦)!

I know I already owe you guys like 10 rounds of drinksā€¦ but some day Iā€™m heading over to YYE HQ and personally shaking all of your hands (/hugging for those more tactile staff members) for everything you guys have done for me. It is all very much appreciated. ;D

2 Likes

Just keep making awesome videos man, thatā€™s thanks enough! Oh, and the rounds of drinksā€¦ Iā€™ll take those! :wink:

Iā€™ve said this before, and Iā€™ll say it again. Cheer up! You said itā€™s because if you did youā€™d look like a madman. So you should do a video with your fastest most insane stuff whilst grinning like a madman. (And an overdramatic evil witch laugh)

Anyways, great video, I really loved that weird GT where you bring the string around it and a rejects and then it slacks down andā€¦ Andā€¦ You get it.

Incredibly well done video. Rich with interesting tricks and paced perfectly.

Beautiful video Gambit!! Always a pleasure to watch your stuffā€¦ :slight_smile:

I need to start an Instagram just to follow youā€¦ Cant wait to see whatā€™s next! :wink:

Also the degree of slow-mo youā€™ve used is super awesomeā€¦im practically tired of seeing vids where the yoyo moves in jagged directions as if itā€™s executing brownian motion ā€¦ this one was a breath of fresh airā€¦im going to download it and learn all those neat flow-y tricks of yours(promises to himself)

P.S.-i agree with Fuzzwadā€¦look like a madman , but keep your tricks flow-y and kinda calmā€¦that way youā€™ll look like a calm madmanā€¦more or less like a cold blooded killerā€¦spookkyyyā€¦hehe(forgive my wry sense of humour)