CLYW Big Dipper: A High Speed YoYo Review

Another big company making another plastic yo-yo that everyone seems to be clamoring for. It is incredible how yo-yo perceptions have changed over the years. Plastics of the past were relegated to the cheap cannon fodder segment of the yo-yo industry. Fast forward to today and many players are requesting that their favorite boutique company of choice make a plastic to complement their catalog of metals. Today’s example of this phenomenon is Zach Gormley’s new signature yo-yo, the Big Dipper from CLYW. This is their second plastic and first stab at a “more conventional” polycarbonate design. It will be interesting to see how this is received… no doubt some may consider this yo-yo just CLYW playing it a little safe when compared to their Yeti. I look forward to seeing what the community has to say, and with that being said here are my thoughts on it.

Click here to continue reading the review.

Great review, well done.

Agreed with all! I couldn’t get the bearing in mine to get quiet though…

edit
I put an OD 10-ball in it and it’s whisper quiet and plays like a champ… :wink:

I bought a green one a few weeks ago off of my friend and fell in love with it. I’ve been picking it up a ton this weekend and taking it out with me and have been hooked. Today I bought a grape and milk shake 'Dipper from here as I wanted to 1: have all 3 colors and 2: do some color swaps for some unique looking Dippers.

I know this thread is old, but has anybody else noticed the similarities between how Zach Gormley and Dipper Pines look? Coincidence? I think not!

Maybe I’m just dumb.

How is this thread old, I just posted it yesterday. ???

Nvm.

I are thought it was old.

All good, I was just confused. :slight_smile:

Greta review! I should probably pick one of these up…

Wasn’t a huge fan at first, but after swapping out the bearing I like it a lot more. It’s growing on me.