REgens

Any good tutorials or tips on Regens, the concept of the change of direction is throwing me off…trying to get these down as they look cool and can extend trick time.

Start throwing fixed.
Fixies are all about regens and they are good to learn them on.

somewhere has a good tutorial on this.
EDIT: whoops, I’m sorry. I didn’t know that, thanks.

Yeah, you can’t post links to other stores.

1 Like

Oh, there is a new casual tutorial about regens.

I thought it was pretty helpful.

3 Likes

As you’re learning regens, let me share this with you:

I consider(ed) my regens to be pretty weak. I could get enough spin, but they were pretty wobbly/vibey coming out of them.

Michael Ferdico happened to have made a road trip to the ECR contest I attended in the winter, and as we were talking, I mentioned something like, “I only wish my regen game was stronger.” Showed him an example of my crappy regen. Then he absolutely liberated me by saying something along the lines of, “We all throw regens like that. Sure, you can get smooth ones, but most of the time even top-level players get a somewhat shaky regen that smooths out after a few more movements. I wouldn’t worry about it.”

Man, what a relief. Here I thought I was still missing a “secret”, when the secret was that I didn’t need to worry so much about perfect smoothness in the regen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

good to hear, mine are fairly wobbly too…

Here are some wobbly regens too, so it’s probably not a shame  ;D

1 Like

Holy Crap!  That unresponsive shoot the moon wins trick of the day.  That was amazing.

1 Like

Unresponsive shoot the moon is beauty.

That whole video was utter madness.

Ah… Is that what is going on here?

Yes. Almost shattered my glasses while trying it. I might try it again in a few years.

Alexis JV is also great at the unresponsive shoot-the-moon.

I can do normal regens fine, but how do you do the knuckle regen thing that Anthony Rojas does a ton?
https://youtu.be/FW9-1YSO-t8?t=1m35s <— That one.

Clearly he sold his soul.

Is there a time stamp in the video that you could point out exactly what you mean by knuckle regen?

Knuckle regens are pretty simple. It works best when winding back from a breakaway throw, and you don’t want there to be a tonne of spin left on the yoyo. It comes up to your hand, you let it wrap around and either balance it there for a moment or just “throw” it right back down into a front throw.

1 Like

Like 1:35. It should be the one I sent.