Fixed Axle February 2016 Video Contest

This is the official YYE thread for Fixed Axle February 2016. Frodoslair (Frank) is on vacation in South Africa and unable to take care of the YYE posts for the contest. So, I’ll be handling them until he gets back to civilization. In the event he is eaten by an okapi, I will continue to handle them for the foreseeable future.

We’ve made a few changes from the previous FAF contests. The first two times it was an AP format. This year, we are holding a banger contest with plans in the future to have both categories available. For the sake of accessibility to all skill levels, we are working to have a few prizes available to raffle for just for entering. This is a very likely scenario.

The facebook page for the contest is here: https://www.facebook.com/FAF2014/

Yes, it says 2014. No, facebook wouldn’t let me change the URL. Stupid free service. grumble, grumble Please visit the facebook page for updates and commentary.

The Rules:

• Each contestant is permitted two entries - only one entry per contestant can qualify for a prize(s)

• All entries must be submitted by 12pm EST March 1st 2016. No exceptions.

• Entries must be submitted in a common video format to fixedaxlefebruary@gmail.com. You may post your own videos on any social media format you choose as well, but we will post them to the contest pages for you. Please bear this in mind. Do not post your videos on the contest pages on YYE or facebook.

• Videos should be limited to around 10 seconds and contain an obvious banger element. We understand if you need a few more seconds to set up the banger portion and will allow for that. There is no minimum video length.

• All videos must include a banner we will provide with sponsor logos on it. It must be displayed for a minimum of two seconds. this does not count toward your video length.

• The yoyo does not need to begin in your hand in the normal position. However, it must return to your hand at the end of your trick in order for the trick to be considered completed.

• Facebook access is not required to participate.

• Rules are subject to updates and changes at the whim of your mighty and all-powerful contest organizers.

• Nathan Martsolf and Ed Haponik have agreed to judge you. Judge your videos, I mean ;D

Feel free to send a PM either here or on facebook if you have any questions or concerns. Prizes will be announced as they arrive and prizes according to placement will be announced once all the prizes are in our possession.

We got a late start this year but we are still aiming to have a good contest and do a little something to give back to the community that’s given so much to us. We urge each of you to participate. Participation is one thing that let’s our community grow and strengthen. It doesn’t matter what your skill level is. Get on stage, make a video, take a picture. Be out there, be visible, do something. Thanks for your time. I look forward to seeing your videos.

1 Like

This was posted to the facebook page a few days ago. Huge thanks to One Drop for stepping up and sponsoring this contest again!

Big thanks to One Drop!Also, contest update here. If you plan on entering, please take the time to watch this. A list of written rules will be posted in the next few days but there is important information here.

Posted by Fixed Axle February Video Contest on Wednesday, February 10, 2016

10 seconds video!? Consider it done!

I am really looking forward to seeing who comes up with what. Also the Hooray for the Judges.

10 seconds?
hmmmm…
Well I did hit that 2.5 hook

I wish I could do 10 seconds of Fixed Axle

Btw does it HAVE to be a banger, or a set of “little” combos still counts?

Rad, I’ll have to set up my camera while I’m working on my newest trick. I think it would definitely count as a banger.

I’d recommend submitting bangers. It’s ultimately up to the judges whether your tricks a banger-worthy.

Can it be a combo of bangers? lol.

You’re permitted two entries. Do up two shaweet bangas :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, just to be clear, I make a 10 second video. I can upload it to whatever social media (i.e. You Tube) and email it to the gmail account. Then, you guys add the sponsors and put it on the FB page.

Is that all correct?
Also, are you guys going to add them when you get them, or all at once?

Pardon my ignorance, but, what is a banger?

A flashy, usually short, impressive “wow” trick. Innovative.

1 Like

It’s up to you to add the sponsors to your video. We will provide the banner once we have everything in order. You can upload them to any personal account you’d like. That’s up to you whether you do that. We will add them to the appropriate contest pages so we can do it all in a batch for the ease of viewing for our judges.

1 Like

Thanks man!
I’m going to try getting the first one shot today.
If I can hit the trick…

Couple prize announcements coming tomorrow. I was going to do it today but forgot I had to get a wisdom tooth pulled.

Thank you YoyoFactory!

3 Likes

I hope everyone has been practicing - I’m really stoked to see this go down! I can’t wait to see who can haz bang. And prizes. Can’t wait to giveaway prizes - there are some really neat little prize packages on offer :slight_smile:

The banner you need to place at the beginning of the video will be available shortly!

At this point I’m unsure if I can shoot anything worth it at all due to college stuff, but I’ll try my best.