Do you believe in Karma?

How do you feel about Karma? A cute idea or a driving force?
Ive always believed and lived by the idea of Karma being real and strive to keep my Karma plush. By keeping myself in a “service to others” mindset I find myself rewarded in little ways here and there that may be confused with luck, coincidence, or fate, but I think its Karma.

Something happened to me today that made me REALLY “feel” it. IM buzzing with positivity and excitement! If it all comes together like I think it will, Ill have grabbed one of the very elusive Rainbow Trout Scouts.
Ill post pics when it lands but it got me thinking about the question on this post.

So do you believe in Karma?

Definitely. Why would you not. It is actually, in my opinion, a very logical thing to believe in.

1 Like

^^ Same. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No way.

:o

Hmm… Well Dust, we all know the you are the awesome-est person ever, but from my religious bknowledge you should know that Karma is not really what you see it to be. Karma is a belief in Hinduism and Buddhism that explains how and what you will be reincarnated to after your death. So that said, depending on interpretation one may disagree with Karma.
I think it would be more fair to say do you believe in the golden rule “Treat others as you wish to be treated”. Just saying, I think I agree with the golden rule over Karma. I really don’t have any belief in Karma if I am to answer the question.

1 Like

You are correct, I use(d) the wrong term for the golden rule. Well played. :slight_smile:

In the truest sense, RomulusR1 is pretty much on point in his religious definition of karma. But in common, everyday usage, it more generally means you get what you deserve or earn. Payback is earned (or not) or you get what you deserve. Yes, it’s misused, but in common every day language it is primarily that.

1 Like

Used to, but not anymore.

Sure it is.

Whether you want to call it Karma, golden rule or whatever else, I would say absolutely. Recently I have noticed it lately in small ways. I have done a few out of the blue nice things for people lately and I have been compensated nicely for those actions: found a nickel on the ground, friend gave me a bearing tool for free, friend brought me this awesome stuffed animal duck (if you could see it, you would understand why it’s awesome), and a few other things. Being kind and less selfish towards people has always been something I find beneficial, even if it is only simply the satisfaction of being helpful :smiley:

What goes around comes around.

Acts of kindness will find their way back to you.

1 Like

Absolutely! I do not believe in “Karma” in the religious sense, but acts of kindness are always good to strive for

Make the difficult look easy and the simple look stunning.

1 Like

Karma…yeah!