Do you prefer Yoyofficer or C3yoyodesign?

A question I’d like to ask.

Both absolutely amazing companies:

• both involved with and listening to the community
  • both producing a steady but not overwhelming line of new yoyos
  • YYO more “diversified” for a short while, but C3’s newest yoyos add back variety to their lineup

C3 has better anodization… but YYO’s constant diversity in design is delightful…

I just can’t put one above the other. Both companies have such passionate owners and teams. Buy from both!

2 Likes

I got a YYO Imp and an C3 Accelerator. Both are very good and full of surprized. Both are Killer deals for the price > performance ratio

So I have played with far more C3 that were great players but I have loved more YYO. Just recently recieved an Imp in a trade that is by far the best “buget” metal I have ever played. Currently I only have one C3 in my collection, the speedaholic an amazing plastic floaty, zippy, great size and shape. Either way you go both companies make amazing throws. Totally agree with Dust the price to performance ratio is out of this world.

1 Like

YYO and C3yoyodesign don’t really hit the same markets. Both have amazing anodizing and affordable prices. C3 focuses more on performance yoyos though, and plays with weight distribution in a subtle way between production models. $50 price range consistently, with a very clear description so you know what you’re getting. Yoyofficer is a bigger company in China, even opening up their own stores. They’ve got more resources for design and development.

The Rave and Imagine Breaker are in my top 5 favorites (the other 3 spots being taken by the Checkmate, Y Factor, and Knight)

If I had to pick, I’d go with C3. I didn’t buy the Rave until I saw it on sale, while I’ve bought 3 C3s at full price (Railgun, Imagine Breaker, Initiators) and also got the Token. Evidently there’s some preference going on here.

I like Simpson Wong, I like how they explain the specs in a way easily understandable and how they implement that in the design, I like the team members, and they make 2a yoyos, so…

YYO in the other hand, I know little about, other than the end product. The Rave is absolutely gorgeous.

Both are good, however I can relate more to C3 than YYO.

Not trying to have a go at you, but if the point of this poll is to find out which people prefer, having a ‘both’ option defeats the purpose.

I prefer to judge/choose individual yoyos on their merits and my preferences, rather than devotion to specific companies.

2 Likes

I wonder if thank you button stands as like button…

I have to give C3 the vote on this one. I think they have built more of a catalog over time, and I still consider Yoyofficer a newer company. I’ve always supported Yoyofficer, and I am impressed with their fast start, with lots of models release in a short time, at very reasonable prices. But, I bought a lot more from C3, because they’ve offered more variety, been around longer, and also released some great models at great prices, so they get the vote here. Also, great people over at C3 too. It’s like voting for the father or the son. Yoyofficer might catch up one day soon, you never know.

Neither as far as yoyos go, but I like the team of both.

I think you have really warped look on Yoyofficer.

Yes, Yoyofficer opened one store, but it was quite big step and it’s more about trying to help new growing players than to sell hundreds of yo-yos. This store is run by two guys, only people behind Yoyofficers, and there are no plans to open other any other stores as you wrote :slight_smile:

In China, Yoyofficer is one of dozens local manufacturers, maybe little buit more known than others, but nowhere to the level of premium brand like C3.

Yoyofficer has smaller team of mostly enthusiastic players that put quite a lot into our small brand. On other hand, C3 has quite large team including World and European champions, that got support to travel to contest around the world. So I’m not sure why you think we have more resources than C3 :slight_smile: