YoyoExpert Appreciation Thread!

I feel we need a thread to thank Yoyoexpert for all the great work that they do. Maybe you have a story of something outstandingly nice they have done for you, or possibly you feel a simple thank you is in order. Let’s just see where this takes us.

For me I have had great experiences with Yoyoexpert including amazing shipping speed and this active forum, but I have two instances in particular that really make me appreciate this awesome store.
We all know the struggle that comes with getting a mystery box. When attempting to get mine around Black Friday this year I received an odd message saying that my order was complete but I had yet to put in payment information. I wrote on the mystery box thread of the issue and was told to contact Andre. Sure enough I ended up getting the mystery boxes! These yoyos have became some of my favorite in my collection.
Second story. My favorite yoyo (at the time) was my pink octave. During my school’s practice for the musical, I went in my bag and picked out my octave to mess around with it. Very quickly I realized that the axel was stripped :frowning: Still not sure how it happened. I emailed Yoyoexpert to see if they could fix it and they said they would take a look. All I had to pay for was shipping there! They fixed it, put a bearing and string on it, and sent it back! Plays as good as new!

These were two of my great encounters with Yoyoexpert’s awesome customer service and I would simply like to say thank you for everything. This website has brought me from the beginning stages of yoyoing journey to where I am today and I’m very appreciative of that. Thanks :slight_smile:

I agree, this site was a treat to find for a new thrower, and it is unique in that its a one stop place for great forums and online store.

YYE helps foster a nice community with excellent new product release information and support.

#yoyoexpert4life

Totally grateful for yoyoexpert! Without it I would have no ties to the yoyo community and it’s awesome people. Love everything about the site!

Yep. All of my interactions with YYE have been super-positive. They don’t just make the simple amazing, they make the amazing simple.

Keep up the good work!

What I like most about YoYo Expert is they give back to the community. It struck me last April when they did the “Light it up Blue” for Autism and they changed the whole look of their website to draw attention to the Autism Spectrum, and, I believe they donated as well. Fast forward several months and the YYF One campaign they worked for Toys for Tots was another example. They put their money where their mouths are.

The other think I appreciate about YYE is the time and effort they put into supporting local and larger contests. I’m sure after a full week at work the crew would prefer to chill on the weekend, or go to a contest and not have to work the booth before (and after) competing. But, they do it.

i’m so proud to have watched how integral to our community, contest scene, and professional atmosphere yoyoexpert has become over the years.

on a personal level, andre has just been really awesome to me. not only is he a great friend, but i have tremendous gratitude for his having seen the value in supporting me as a player. he’s flown me out, put me up, used the site to promote fixed play, AND sustained 4 years(!) of runs of a signature fixed-axle(!!) yo-yo for me. MORE IMPORTANTLY, i know he’s a similarly huge advocate for a lot of players, and for the scene in general. add to that, he’s an amazing dad and family man, and committed to constantly improving himself. i defy you to find a better all-around dude.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words everyone, good to hear all the hard work is appreciated!

I haven’t had many buying experiences here, but the ones I have had are great! The forums here are probably the best run forums I’ve seen, the moderators are great, and I can’t just say enough about how friendly everyon has been. Great job guys!

I joined YYE back in 2009 when it was still relatively new and being developed. At the time, I was learning from Andre’s videos on Expert Village and it was really nice to have all those videos, plus a forum, and a yoyo store all accessible in one convenient place. I was still buying a lot of stuff from yoyonation during that time and it was nice to see a new source for yoyo products and information that was run personally by the guy teaching me how to yoyo!

Even though I took quite a long break from yoyoing, I always came back here periodically throughout the years to see what was new in the store and how things were progressing. YYE has been a professionally run site since the very beginning. I’ve always liked the layout, ease of navigation, account features, and of course, the phenomenal customer service, lightning fast shipping, and 110% effort YYE has always given to their customers. It’s no secret why YYE has had an A+ BBB rating for so long. They care about their customers and are an online business that should be used as a model for how to do things the right way.

I could go on and on about why YYE is so great, but I think anyone who frequents YYE knows this already. There is a warm sense of community here unlike anywhere else. I will probably be a lifelong member/customer here, and I appreciate all of YYE’s contributions to growing and promoting the yoyoing community. A big thanks to all YYE staff, forum moderators, and all the helpful members who make this place so awesome. :slight_smile:

Really appreciate these messages guys! It means a lot!

We are so excited for the near future - lots of new fun stuff planned and continue to grow the amazing yo-yo community.

Special thank you to everyone that posts here too and contributes to making this forum community as awesome as it is!

3 Likes

I love you guys! It was great to meet most of Yall during Nats and Cal States, Gonna miss giving you guys my money. Meeting Master Boulay and having him know who I was will always be one of those thrills in my life. Total Bummer about Dale, I really liked those darn Night Moves.
Good Luck!

I’m glad this isn’t a thread about treating yoyos as investments like I thought it might be.

YYE helped facalitate the Elders Battle in a way that few could ask for, let alone deliver. From the bottom of my heart, for reals, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING! the big stuff the small stuf and all the stuff that no one sees, knows about, or thinks about. Thank you.

Yovesting 101:
If you invest 20% of you paycheck each month into buying yoyos that you set aside, those yoyos will pay you an 8% dividend annually. That dividend will be used to buy more yoyos that will allow you to get a Yoyoexpert Roth IRA.

1 Like

We need to revive this topic. Only 16 messages!?!?!? 5 years ago too.