Yeti showed up in the mail today...

Bought a nmib Yeti that was half and half blue/gray and this thing is great!
I had bought a replay pro and it just doesn’t speak to me like this. I was not going to buy another plastic throw until the Big Dipper is released but couldn’t pass up a deal on the last release yeti and I’m glad I did. Lots of personality, plays super stable, fun, fairly quick on the string, just an all around great throw for $50. I actually got a good horizontal trick run in on this, which is a first for me without spinning out.

I will be ordering a couple of the Big Dippers when they are released but this will keep me entertained until they start accepting orders :wink:

Couldn’t agree more, got mine yesterday and I am so happy with it! I’d love to see yours, maybe post a picture?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/madsedan/IMG_0068_zpslyd4gzpa.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing. That’s just beautiful.

I had a chance to toss it around this morning for a half hour and I remain impressed with the feel and stability of this thing. Super smooth, plenty of spin, great bearing, and very forgiving for someone learning like myself.

can you really compare a 16$ plastic to a $50 one?

Yes. Price doesn’t describe play.

2 Likes

Well, it mostly does… except for the one exception of the replay pro.

If a yoyo is cheap and sells, then it’s safe to say that the company didn’t spend much to produce it, not necessarily because it’s bad.
If you make a yoyo for $50 each, and it’s bad enough that no one buying even if you sell it for $50, then you make another better design, not lowering the price further. The company didn’t decide on like 5 designs, sort them based on how “good” they play, then set prices according to that. Although it makes sense in business to sell the “better” yoyos higher, but not the opposite.
So yes, generally price doesn’t describe play; at least within the scope of good manufacturing (made by companies who know what they are doing).

No, it doesn’t. You can make assumptions based on price about the quality of the yoyo (in terms of build quality and such) but you can’t guess how it will play accurately based solely on the price.

I appreciate yours guys answers. I still consider myself new to yo-yoing so that’s why I asked.