Vashek Kroutil VS Petr Kavka

Who is better in you opinion?

Which day of the week?

2 Likes

This might end badly… I think it’s fair to say both are really really great

They’re both insanely talented so it’s only ever going to come down to who’s individual style the person that you’re asking prefers.

That being said, you did ask for our opinions on them both, so…

Whilst I thoroughly enjoy watching both of them, Vashek has been one of my favourite players since I started throwing, and the amount of movement in his style as well as the way he paces his tricks is something that I personally aspire to. So, personally, in a question of “whos style do you prefer, Vashek or (insert other thrower here)”, most of the time my answer is going to be Vashek, as it is in this case.

However, shout out to Petr for the level of complexity that goes into some of his tricks. I love watching his videos and I remember that this one in particular was a regular reference point for me when I was looking for motivation when I first started yoyoing.

(NSFW Lyric Warning if I recall correctly)

I used to watch that video again and again and wonder how some of the stuff in there was even possible. Well… even today I do.  :stuck_out_tongue:

The fact remains that I’d give one of my kidneys to be as talented as either of them.  ;D

They are both better… Than most of us.

Because if they weren’t, they would never be compared.

2 Likes

Petr is significantly younger and at this time presumably better in contests and far more versatile than Vashek. Although an comparison like this does not honor what Vashek is doing for the European YoYo Community beside staying in shape to compete at contests.

Better Player now and in the future is most likely Petr. But Vashek earns all the respect outside this trimmed down comparison.

I think Vashek’s name is a little harder to pronounce so …yeah
Doesn’t really matter though when you have players that can compete at the higher levels like Kenny Strasser

I can’t really say, because I never followed Petr enough to know his style. I keep up with Vashek all the time though. I’m sure I’ll eventually get around to knowing who all the players are, and know their styles, but I can only follow so many of them at a time. I just took a pic of my Vashek collection last night.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1627/24526979140_746079d0da_z.jpgVashekCollection by Total Artist, on Flickr

You have THREE CZPoints now?! Awesome! That middle one I think is the best one out of the three. :slight_smile:

Also, how does the VK Slusny play? I’ve been looking at that one for a while

Petr has flowy magical hair and he made Candy Slack, so I like him.

Petr is undoubtedly better at being tall, while Vashek clearly wins in terms of owning a retail store.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. The VKss is amazing. I’m surprised that I don’t hear more about it. It’s my style stable, and solid. I’m hoping they stay in stock long enough for me to grab another color.

Me? I prefer Pete.

This is pry the hardest one yet, Vasheks tricks are amazing but he doesent have a lot, a lot of the same tricks in a different order in a lot of competitions. Petr on the other hand has a really wide expanse of tricks that are pretty cool but does not do a good job showing them off, , I’m going to have to go Vashek Krutil

In hand to hand combat, Petr has a better reach that could help him, but Vashek seems to have a slightly stronger build. It’d be close but I’d put my money on Vashek.

I really like Vashek’s style, so I have to go with him.

Go petr