Fixed Axle February 2016

But the bearings away this month and throw fixed ;D

I’m going to only use one yoyo this month. Haven’t stuck to a single yoyo is a VERY long time. Looking forward to it. It’s a SF era No Jive that I stripped the finish off.

while i don’t know about putting the bearings away, altogether - sometimes, it’s easier to make a big commitment like that, but i know it’s not for everybody - i DO encourage anybody and everybody to try throwing some fixed this month. it’s definitely deepened my understanding and appreciation of yo-yoing in general, which by proxy, has made my life better.

1 Like

This has been the only thing I’ve played this month.
I mean, in the last two days… ::slight_smile:

Yeah I’ve been wanting to stick to a single yoyo for awhile. So I’m going to try it for a month. I think it will actually be really good for me right now. Just started a new job that has my head spinning, so I’m looking forward to bonding with my No Jive this month.

I’ve thrown some fixed every day since Christmas, amazing what getting a new eH will do for a guy. It definitely has helped with my bearing yoyo play. I find the fixed so relaxing, it almost wants to play laid back, while it seems a lot of my bearing throws are almost begging to go faster. Fixed is fun, and wood is good, however, I have even been having fun with my (very) old school Duncan Butterfly.

I’v got a TMBR Irving but it’s sooooooooooo unresponsive! I mean, I can’t even snap start!

Try wetting the axle a bit.
Personally, I used thin lube on metal axle, or a drop of water/lube on wood axle.

Okay, I wet the axle with some water and it was very responsive, but after a few throws it just wore down and back to the unresponsiveness. :frowning:

I have no need for a special month to play fixed axle. Throw fixed. Everyday.

1 Like

Playing fixed so far this month has been like doing a cleanse. First week was rough only playing my No Jive. End of the week was rougher, my wife’s grandfather passed away suddenly. Playing just the one yoyo, and fixed, is pretty therapeutic. Has allowed me time to think while playing, not only about everything going on, but to think out what I’m doing with the yoyo.

Looking forward to seeing where I am at by the end of the month. And Ed, still working on the varials, I’ve hit 2. Not sure how many spins it made. However, still working on getting the spin down, and the control of them. Still wants to flat spin most of the time.

Most days I throw a fixed axle.
Mostly I enjoy collecting fixed axles.
I am working on a nice collection of Duncan Butterflies.

Here was the last Butterfly I got. Never thought I’d find one, but Augie hooked me up :slight_smile:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12338886_1635596966704872_1137651672_n.jpg

I wanna participate in fixed feb but I don’t have a fixie. Or money. Looks like a lot of fun.

I broke my “only fixie in February” because my club friends suddenly decided to make a circle and do a really fun trick games.
I couldn’t help but participate.

Duncan has several fixed axles for about $5 and some can be found at Toys-R-Us. Yomega has one for $6.
So they are pout there for not much money. Have fun.

Your favorite yoyo is a 1950s butterfly…

I have two, both blue and best of all. they have wood axles.

Nice, that’s the next mod on my list.

Cracker Barrel sells Duncan Ignites for 5 or 6 bucks. The gap is small if you’re used to modern yoyoing but it’s a great fixie once you get used to it.

I just noticed this thread. Here’s a link to a Fixed Axle February Contest :slight_smile:

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,89809.0.html