Got a Diabolo... have a question about the bearing.

Alright, so I’m a long time yoyoer, but I’ve always wanted to get into diabolos as well. So recently I got a Spintastics Spinabolo as a gift and have started learning the ropes. I’ve noticed though, that the bearing quality on this diabolo seems to be very low, and the bearing doesn’t spin freely (it’s a one way bearing,not a fixed axle diabolo). To test bearings on my yoyos I often just loop a string around it a few times and pull it out gently and listen to the bearing spin, but when I try this on the diabolo it just makes an ugly kinda noise and stops spinning immediately. Since I’m new to diabolos I don’t really know if this is the norm for their bearings or if I just got a bad bearing from the start. So that’s why I’m making this post now, is to ask people who are more experienced with diabolos: is this normal, or did I get a bad bearing in my diabolo, and if so, what can I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can answer this for me, and I’ll be here to answer any more questions y’all may have about this.

That’s what mine does. I don’t think it’s a problem. I’'m 99% sure it’s okay. And by the way, one way bearings are really good to start with because it makes starting the diabolo a whole lot easier.

Alright, thanks for the reply, good to know that mine isn’t broken then :slight_smile: