trapeze and his brother slack help

I cannot for the life of me get this trick right. Anybody got any pointers? I’m learning off the yotrick tut, and he makes it look so simple, its probably something really small that I’m screwing up…
When I whip the yoyo around my hand, I cant get that slack shape in the string. :confused:

Make sure there isn’t any tension in your string first. Try slowing down and exaggerating the motion when you swing the yoyo to keep the loop open. It’s more of an arch or half circle movement. Also make sure you’re keeping the string pinched till you land it. Hopefully this helps.

Also, be sure you’re pinching the string with your throw hand. And I tend to catch the loop with my non throw hand thumb so when I then swing the yoyo cockwise back into a trapeze or double or nothing the string is wrapped around my non-throw hand index finger automatically.

I’m starting to get it now. Exaggerating it really helps, I can get the feel for it. Thanks!

Just watch the links that are being posted (Youtube vid, presented by another online yoyo store).

I usually try to keep it in 1 fluid motion…as soon as I land in the Brother I immediately pinch with my TH and let go with my NTH, keeping the momentum of the yoyo going. If you pause and then swing, it will be trickier.

Yes, exaggerating helps with this trick. Don’t take it too fast but make it a slow big movement.