Binds

Do different binds wear out the response pabs more is there such a think as harder binds? random question

Maybe, but it’s so minuscule it’s unnoticeable.

When you say “harder binds” do you mean in terms of difficulty or in terms of the amount of wear they apply to the response pads?

I believe it was how fast the bind nom nom the response pad :smiley:

Well “I think” if you throw hard and bind hard (in high rpm) often, that will wear the pads more so than the technique itself, as long as you don’t grind the response on purpose. The less forces involved to accelerate and or decelerate the spin, the less it should wear, theoretically.

Friction…as noted, the faster your yoyo is spinning when you bind, the more stress you’re putting your pads under. I actually deliberately threw hard and would bind instantly when breaking in some stubborn snow tires on my Borealis.

Think of road rash…you fall off your skateboard from a slow crawl, you’ll get just a tiny scrape if that. You fall off when bombing a hill…yea…

1 Like

Not so much binds, but regens rip out response pads all the time for me if I’m not careful. Not sure why this is, but it could be my own doing.

R.I.P. Hands+Knuckles