Aluminum alloys used for yoyos

I know 6061 and 7075 are used, but do any brands use any others. (apart fro Magicyoyo)

I know ILYY used a different aluminum on a few of their yoyo’s… 6082?!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure 6082 is almost exactly the same as 6061 though, just easier to get in Europe for some reason. Don’t quote me on that though. :wink:

Alumigo is used as well, or starting to by a company which slips my mind presently

EDIT: Sengoku!

I know Werrd used something between 6061 and 7075 for models other than the JPX

6061 is the most popular, 7075 is second. I know Werrd and ILYY use(d) something else, but I forget what it is. Sengoku just debuted the Alumigo Hard alloy for yoyos and it looks pretty good. Other than that, I am not too sure what other aluminum alloys are used.

The Japan Tech Fireal uses an A300 Aluminum from the A7000 alloy family.

http://www.wilsonsmetals.com/datasheets/?gId=1

just gonna leave this here…

Sengoku is working on another alloy, even better than Alumigo Hard. Stronger, cheaper and the only AL alloy lead free! (will announce soon)

1 Like

6020 is an aluminum alloy that’s lead free and it’s been around since 1996

We love you Sengoku. Keep pushing that envelope. ;D

Henrys Aluminum YoYos are lead free ever since. They just claim it is airplane Aluminum. dunno what alloy in particular but the feel way different to all the other brands

I will leave it as “lead free” instead of “the only lead free”, thats what the maker claimed, at least as far as I know Is the currently stronger commercially available AL alloy (according to Wikipedia) .
Is not 6020.
One thing is for sure, Is stronger than 6061, 7075 or Alumigo Hard. We just finish anodizing test successfully and are working on protos.

is it the lithium thing?

Whatever you do, please make monometals out of that stuff!

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

Screams I love it?

YOU ARE THE MAN!!! high five

Ooh this one is interesting for sure!

http://media.makeameme.org/created/I-want-it-qcr3z9.jpg