So who all is planning a trip to Cleveland for Worlds 2016?

I find their website somehwhat confusing. What does it cost for someone to simply attend?

Here’s a list of registered players, if anyone wants to know:

I can’t help but notice that Ed Haponik is registered, but not signed up for any specific divisions. :smiley: What?

It costs $15 for one day or $45 for the full 4-days.
You can buy tickets here: Buy Tickets « 2016 World YoYo Contest (it’s alright for me to post this right?)

There website is a little bit confusing with all the tabs and pages, but it’s not really their fault. They are just making sure everything is covered and done right.

Where can I find an updated version of this?

I would love to go watch this. I will either have to set up dialysis there in ohio, or pray for a transplant very soon and that I recover and am clear to travel. This would be such an amazing experience. I wish I knew what to do. For everyone that does go. I hope you all have an amazing time.

I’ll be there! Maybe we can all meet up? I live in fort wayne Indiana so its only a 3 hour drive.

We should set up a meetup for us here. Catch lunch or something nearby?

Just reserved my room! Not at the event (sold out) but Ill not be far at all from the action. ;D

Ill be staying at Double Tree by Hilton, and Ill be in Cleveland from late Wednesday (Aug 3) to Sunday (Aug 7)

Itll be a 12 hour drive for us in SW Missouri and my wife is along for the trip! I will not be attending all four days. I may only make it for a short bit either late Wednesday or Early Thursday to hit up the vendors (CLYW booth mostly (hopefully its not totally obliterated by then, but we’ll see…)) and then should be there for most of Saturday.

LOOK FOR ME. Ill be easier to describe and find. Dreads past my shoulders, in ultra wide leg JNCOs with a lady with waist length dreads in arms reach. We used to have matching ones, but i just trimmed mine WAY back the other day on my 7 year Dread-a-versary. InvaderDust on Instagram: "7 year trim. Cut back to 13 inches. Feels great!"

Please, if you see me, come say Hi! Let me know your screen name so ill know its you or we can post pics of ourselves to help ID us. ;D

Anyway, im SUPER stoked and now in Fund Raise and Spending Halt mode to pull this all off. I can do this. SEE YOU THERE!! ;D ;D ;D

I will not be competing, just there to see the spectacle, meet new friends and learn what i can from everyone, meet the CL crew in real life, and of course, meet my forum friends!

We should set up a meetup for us here. Catch lunch or something nearby?

I’m planning on heading down from Michigan. Now that it’s not always in the US you have to get while the getting is good.

Whoa … Ricks! I’ll look forward to finally meeting you! :slight_smile:

Reminder:

July 15th is the deadline for uploading music!

Thanks, I just remembered that I hadn’t done that yet.

When I did it, something went wrong. I emailed you guys through the website, just in case you didn’t know.

Is there a more recent list of registered players? All I’ve seen were those registered as of May 16.

I’m seriously thinking about going because it’s one state away from me this year! I don’t really know anyone else with an interest in yoyo-ing, so I hope that I’ll meet a lot of people that do! I’m not going to compete - just spectate really cool players live on stage. If there are any planned meetups or stuff like that please let me know! Also any info on things to do or visit around Cleveland would be awesome too.

Best of luck to all that are competing!

Im coming from SW Missouri (11 1/2 hour drive) and SUPER excited. Were booked at Double Tree by Hilton. DO IT!!!

as for stuff to do

I really want to go to this. But I’m afraid of doing dialysis in a clinic I never been too in another state. :disappointed: not sure what to do.

I’ve never been to something like this. Is it true that some companies release new throws at the event?

many vendors will be there with new or never before seen wares.

1 Like

Nice! If I make it I’ll probably only be there for Saturday so hopefully there will be some left.

Most companies have stuff left; even by the end of the day.

I’ll be there!

Itll be fun to know so many people, but i wont recognize anyone!

Ill be in dreads and JNCOs, matching dready wife near by (no JNCOs for her tho, shes not a fan) hahahah

I’ll be the one at the YoYoExpert booth that isn’t André or Eric ;D