STAR WARS: Episode VII

Who’s seen it and what did you think?

It was so good!

ill just say this… im so freaking tired of seeing stuff about it… disney needs to calm the heck down…

Lol but it just came out what else do you expect.

SOOOOO GOOOOOD!!! I went to the premier and had an awesome time spoiling everything for the people at school the next day!

Despicable…

It WAS AMAZING LOVED IT SOOOO GOOOOOOOOD STARWARSSSSSSSSSS YUSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I haven’t seen it yet but, I’ll just leave this here
https://www.google.com/starwars/
click the light saber

Haven’t seen it yet but when I was at Disneyland a week ago, Tomorrowland was all decked out in Star Wars in light of the upcoming film. They converted the wildly popular Space Mountain into what puts you in the middle of a firefight in space and did a pretty cool job with it!

Personally, I’d rather see Disney push Star Wars over Marvel. Both aren’t exactly Disney but I feel like Star Wars has more of that Disney-esque charm than Spiderman or Hulk…

I’ve not seen it yet and I honestly don’t plan to.

Been a huge SW fans and waited years for this movie. The ending hit me really hard, how beautiful.

1 Like

Just saw it today!! AWESOME!!!

You know I couldn’t tell I think you need more starwars stuff on your profile.

I just saw the movie again in IMAX 3D a few days ago and it was even better the second time around.

I had mixed feelings about it. It was definitely in the spirit of Star Wars but I think it missed the mark on several points. Overall I did enjoy it but thought it was a little cookie cutter. Edit the title to spoiler alert and I can be more specific.

Big thumbs up from me.

It’s amazing, just saw it today.

About what I would expect from Star Wars c.2016. One of my greatest regrets is living in a Universe where Adam Sandler is a movie star; and J.J. Abrams is considered a good storyteller.

I am old enough to remember skipping school to go to the opening-day Matinee show of the new movie called “Star Wars”. I was a fanatical Star Trek viewer and was completely blown-away from the opening sequence when the Imperial Star Destroyer flies right over your head; to the closing credits. Amazing. When I left that theater, I had a whole new universe to contend with. It was filled with cool spaceships, these dudes called: Jedi, the Force; and many interesting unforgettable characters. I cared about Han Solo, Chewie, Obi-Wan, Luke and Leia. I HATED Darth Vader and the evil empire.

Who were the characters in this one again? Oh yeah; Finn and … what’s her name again? You know the one who can fly the Millenium Falcon like a test-pilot? …Ray? Sorry, I cannot remember. Totally forgettable characters with mysterious motivations.

Why does Finn rescue what’s his name; the pilot guy at the start of the movie(Kylo ren)? Oh yeah; because its the “right” thing to do… Really?
Why did Luke “leave” to go on some long, meandering journey? How is there a map of it? Did he provide updates to the Jedi travel-tracking app?
Why not just give the final destination coordinates instead of this long, meandering map? Who cares where he was?
How does BB-8’s design make ANY sense whatsoever?

Questions like this should be obvious. But the same idiots did not seem to notice that all future mining colonies in Star Trek would be equipped with time-travelling spaceships allowing any random mine operator to change history; and steal the Star Trek franchise without having to pay the Roddenberry estate; failed to notice these inconsistencies. Yeah - J.J. is a great story teller.

Lots of great CGI though. …Speaks volumes. :-\

Loved it

I enjoyed it as well. It was definitely “cookie cutter”, but let’s face it… the original trilogy borrowed from previous stories and archetypes, too. This one felt connected to the Star Wars universe in a way that the prequels did not, and some moments were better than Jedi. But there weren’t any moments better than “A New Hope” or “Empire”. Still, good 'nuff for me to be back for more. :slight_smile: