Va States 2016?

Any word on if there will be a Virginia States contest next year?

Haven’t heard of anything yet but, keep an eye on Facebook.

i havent read anything on facebook,anticipation is killin me X_X

Which FB page would have it?
I only see the one for VA States 2015.

yea thats the real bummer,thats all i have seen on fb as well,ill find out whats up and post any news i can come across.

1 Like

There will most definitely be a VA States 2016 and i’ve been told the Website/Facebook should be setup soon.

1 Like

its been said Jan 16 at the same childrens museum of Richmond,im guessing it’ll start early like last year (prelims were at 10am last year) <-----dun quote me on that

Cool. How long does it usually last?

generally till the late afternoon 3-4pm at the latest.

Sorry for the delay everyone! Been a hectic couple of weeks.

VA States is set for January 16, 2016 at the Children’s Museum of Richmond.

More info can be found on the contest website at virginia.yoyocontest.com

Here is the link to the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1655960651342642/

I checked out the links.
Is there a list of vendors that might be there? Just curious.

Almost always YYE is there and I think this year Recess might have a booth. I am also thinking OhYesYo! might be there as they are based in Baltimore.

1 Like

Ill be there :smiley:

Planning on making a jaunt down from Maryland to Richmond this weekend. Hey, the Jaunt is a good name for a yo-yo.

Look out, see you there!

I went last year my suggestion is Coming from MD is leave Saturday morning early, because no one is on the interstates at like 6am on a saturday. My dad and I did that last year and made great time.

1 Like

The contest is this weekend!

Registration will run from 9:30am-10:30am the morning of the contest. Entrance fees will be:
$10 for Sport Ladder
$15 for either 1a Freestyle or Open Freestyle Division
$20 for both freestyle divisions

Please remember to bring music on a clearly labeled CD!

If you’re planning to hangout in the city after the contest, we will be holding an informal after-party at Hardywood Park Craft Brewery. There will be food trucks, great local beer for those 21+, live music, and plenty of space to hangout and yoyo!

Some pics my mother took. :slight_smile:

Nice pics.

Anyone know if videos will be posted?

Im pretty sure they will be, but I am not sure if I remember last year the finals were posted though

acc to cbeck TAB record all the stuff and will prolly upload later this week.

1 Like