Coming back from a 3 year break. What should I know?

Hey guys,

Stopped throwing around 2012, just recently got back into throwing after digging through my closet and finding my yoyos. What new yoyos/tricks/news should I know?

One big thing I noticed was the crazy amounts of steel/aluminum hybrids. I owned a Helix for a little while, but that yoyo wasn’t anything impressive. I recently obtained one of these, the Sengoku Nobunaga, and it is one of the best throws I have ever used. I’ve used/owned a lot of high-end yoyos, and the nobunaga is probably the longest spinning, smoothest, and most stable throw I have ever used. Color me impressed.

What else should I know?

“budget” yoyos are phenomenal. Titanium yoyos are available at around 300 a piece. Zach gormley won worlds this year with his new signature the borealis that came out a week ago. Clyw is still top dollar but still awesome and are manufacturing some of their new yoyos from China including a bimetal. Uhhh… Yye had a mystery box sale that is currently still available this very minute.

That’s all I have at the moment.

Yoyorecreation created their own sub-brand to provide affordable quality throws, I’ve heard they were pretty neat.
They’re basically recycling older designs and ideas with an ugly logo on it.

What’s it called?

rebellion. They have a handful of supposedly great plays. But they all have the same logo in their respected given names.

takeshi is too good

I can say that the golyat is my fave plastic of all time.

imma just leave this here…

I own a Butcher and a Acro from rebellion. They both are really good throws. They are really durable too :wink: I have a bunch of dings on both, and they still play glass smooth! Piotrek and Kengo did a really great job on these!