Yoyo Life Hacks

Yoyoing with your pinky finger makes a worlds of difference

Need to start a fire during an apocalypse? Shoot, you don’t need a $1 lighter! Just get out your trusty $300 titanium yoyo and walk the dog over the cement near your pile of tinder. That will be the true life saver.

2 Likes

Yeah that sounds about right. And if you remove the bearing from your yoyos, they will play better,

Actually did this with a replay pro. Played completely unresponsive, dead silent, and made it more challenging (doesn’t spin extremely long). Fun to try for a bit.

1 Like

To save money, buy yoyos with only half your budget

then, since you used half, you can buy twice as more!!!

Take a free thank you on the house. So I’m not the only one why does that…

Coming back into YoYoing and saw this thread… Thought that there may be some really good tips! After reading, I feel like I’ve been Rick-Rolled…

Well done!

If you play slippery eel the yoyo will definitely will get no dings. Preferably use with $100 + yoyos

Maple syrup in your bearings will help the bearing last longer, and become unresponsive

Canadians and their Maple Syrup… Cheap plastics make some pretty cool Christmas tree ornaments.

Place a small, loud animal on your head. This keeps everyone in the vicinity aware of your presence, preventing them from walking into your Yo-Yoing zone and getting smacked.

also so they wont hear your loud bearing

In the desert and have nothing to drink? Use your yoyo string to saw through a cactus, then use a yoyo half and press it down into the “meat” of the cactus. Bam, water will fill the yoyo half.

Challenge accepted 8)

Don’t do slacks In high winds.

When the string is frayed, that means it’s in very good shape. Make sure to give very very hard throws after that.

:-[ :’( :’(

Disclaimer: Please Don’t

Need to cut some stuff up fast? Attach a knife to your yoyo and Voila! An automatic cutter!

This is for reals:

If you’re trying to do slack tricks in the wind try to position yourself so the slack goes WITH the wind.

Don’t throw away those simple boxes CLYWs and one drops come in, you can use it to store parts. After all, you paid $100 for that box which came with a free yoyo!

When travelling with your trusty backpack, you can put your yoyos in an empty pringles can, which you can then put in the bottle holder on the side (protect your throws by putting those foam inserts from yoyo cases between them).

3 Likes

Add tape to a yoyo and make a grabber… Hey I’m gonna try that.

Need to turn off the light but you are too far away?? Just fling your yoyo right to the light. The light will turn off and you won’t even have to get up :wink:

Tried this at home with my replay pro. For some reason the bulbs keep breaking… Am I using the wrong style of yoyo?