YYE strings/ industrial string making machines?

1st question. is yye string very long as I’m 6ft3? 2nd question does anyone know if industrial string makers are available to buy? I assumethey would be very expensive, ive just seen one in action on you tube I assume its the machine that makes 100 packs for yoyo stores.

Hey, I’d suggest either normal kitty string and or kitty tall over yye string, it’s the longest string out of the package that I’ve tried. I’m 6’2" and use full length standard kitty string.  It’s more expensive than yye string but it’s well worth the few extra bucks.

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/1263/Kitty-String---100-Count-(Tall)

As for the industrial string maker I really have no idea but I’m sure it’s expensive wherever you’d buy it.  Have you tried spinning string on a drill?

yes m8 I was the maker of nu skool strings aka nss strings, they was sold at euro-yo but don’t have a lot of time to make them now with the kids about but do make them for myself and others who want to try them. there much like gstrings but I was just curiouse about the machines. I also do like the kitty string but the yye was cheaper so was wondering how long they was.

but I ghess a string machine would make them factory made not hand made but still I would love to know where u can get those machines from? ive never seen one until now. I google searched but no luck.

You should contact kitty string or yye and ask them what machine they use to make their strings.

Ill always pay a lil extra for some handmade strings with love twisted in.

Strings that come from machines have a different feel and lack of soul to them. Super cool to see the string machine do its thing tho!

Pretty sure it’s a custom made machine with controllers, you need someone who knows robotics and such.

I produce strings myself (handmade). One thing I don’t understand from the video, they only twist the string once, while I do it twice. First is the clockwise twist, fold the string in half, then twist again in the opposite direction to finish the string. I don’t see that process in here.

I was wondering the same thing.
I’ve used a couple rope machines in the past and with those you don’t have to spin it twice, but still you would have two strings that get wound together.

It wouldn’t be hard to make a gear driven device that would do both of the winds at the same time.
You would still need a motor (drill) of some sort to run it though.

And you would have to tie the knots.

Something like this:

yep I noticed I di not see the strings getting doubled up after the twist! kitty strings are mass produced then?

these are long

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/295/YoYoFactory-Super-Long-String---10-Pack

The description says they are handmade, but I dont buy that for a second. There is that distinct “lack of soul” in Kitty strings. Im just not a fan personally. Plus if they WERE handmade how could they possibly sell them so cheap. Evey thing about them screams mass produced.

When you say “handmade” are you talking about someone who literally winds the string with their hand? We’re talking about someone using something like a drill, right? Sorry, I’m sure this is a dumb question.

I agree with you that handmade strings definitely have a different feel from machine made ones, but I definitely don’t understand the logic behind that. Logically it seems like a robot would be able to do a much better job than a human at making strings… Can anyone explain the different feel to me?

You can tell if someone has put their energy into a craft, using tools is one thing (like a drill) but automated robotics I do not count (even if the machine was assembled by hand)

take any bulk 100% poly string, and then take a handmade premium (like maybe toxic BG1 Yellow Jackets)

both are 100% poly, but there is a radical difference from the two. I no string maker but i am a string user.
I could be very wrong, but ive tried 20+ types and brands of string and I can just feel it. No science behind it that i could explain.
Same thing when I used to make chain maille. I could always tell my work at a touch, even if there were 10 other samples made by others, i could always tell mine. Also machine made maille just felt different.
Maybe im just a lil more sensitive that others in that regard, but factory made strings are hollow, empty, cold.
Handmade are lively, reliable, and tend to live ages longer.

the YYE string is not very long unfortunately. I would recommend some kitty like other people said. Because for me the YYE is a little short and I am 5’ 10".

If you’re talking about price alone, it’s made in the Phillipines which is about the same as my country (Indonesia) economy wise. It’s actually possible because the raw material is really cheap. For most yoyoers here, Kitty strings are more expensive than local made strings. My strings retails for like $5 for 50, and it’s already one of the most expensive compared to the other local makers.
Whether Kitty strings were machine or hand made I can’t say.

We should try a double blind test.
Handmade vs Machine made.

YYE has a long version of their string http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/587/Extra-Long---100-Count---100%-Polyester-YoYoExpert-String