Fastest Sellout

I do not know where this should go, so posting in the general forum for the time being. If it needs to be moved, you mods do your thing.

I am wondering what was the fastest sellout of a specific yoyo from the time it dropped was? What yoyo and how long?

Evora?

The Citizen sold out really fast… (If I remember right)

I heard that when the Draupnir had a restock here not too long ago; that it sold out in less than a minute ;). YYE had only 5 or 7 Draupnir’s in stock, so that’s reaonable

First yeti sighting.
50+ Yeit’s
About 4 minutes.

First YYF mystery box back in 2010

Pretty sure they had 35 and they sold out in less than a minute

Black and Gold Krown ST?

I remember in the past on yyn a number of yoyo crashed the server. Not sure if that constitutes as selling out instantly or not though. I got a bvm 1 and that was a big deal to me at the time, I remember that being fairly tough.

And correct me if I’m wrong but I remember the original 888 selling out really fast as well as the milk and second run milk (not 2%).

Yes… all 5 of them sold out really quick…:poop:

1 Like

T.A. x YYE TooH.O.T.,very limited, gone in minutes, and sparked a forum feud. People were sparring over the TooH.O.T. :wink:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8669/16482372537_beef7f1f1c_z.jpgTATH2 by Total Artist, on Flickr

There’s beens a mystery box sale where it crashed the YYE server…
And most of the early CLYW sales sold out really quick too.

The Markmont Classic Collectors in Nickel were sold out in about 30 seconds. With all of the collectors boxes gone in a couple minutes.

VsNYYC TiWalker… on YYN and YYE :stuck_out_tongue: gone in seconds!

Wouldn’t this thread be slightly more accurate if the number of yoyos that sold out ‘really fast, in seconds, almost instantly, etc.’, were known/listed/at least guesstimated?

I don’t really think you can get a true view in regard to the original question if you don’t know how many of ‘something’ sold out with ‘blazing speed’.

The Ti-Walker for example. Big Nic just stated the Ti-Walker sold out in seconds. I have no doubt Nic is prolly correct.

But I(personally) have no idea how many sold out in seconds? I own 2 Ti-Walkers. But I bought them from people … Over time. When they were released; I don’t have the slightest clue, lol.

As one of the guys mentioned in another thread; the Black and gold Krown ST’s sold out almost instantly(not an exact quote). But another poster suggest that there were only ‘5’ of the Black and gold ST’s.

If that is true, that is not saying much… But if there had been 45 like the Evoras, then that would be more meaningful; I think.

Selling out 100 yoyos in a day, to me, is much more impressive than selling out 5 yoyos in 30 seconds.

I know it is simple math to suggest that if 5 sell out in 30 seconds then 10 would sell out in 60 seconds…etc. But that is not necessarily what would happen. It is feasible but only hypothesis.

I would bet that if CLYW decided to go Retro and make a one time batch of NEW Peaks; complete with Levi coming out of the woods and painting all 100 of them with the little mountain scenes; that they would sell out like Lightning!

But then again that is only dreaming, lol.

I am not saying it is wrong for people to chime into this thread and suggest what they feel sold out in: seconds, record time, with alarming speed, instantly, etc.

But without ‘fairly accurate quantities’ to accompany the examples; it doesn’t draw a real meaningful conclusion.

3 Likes

These two were the biggest that I remember as well

From the original question, the OP just wanted to know the fastest selling yo-yo. Based on that, it doesn’t seem like he was trying to analyze the results or draw any conclusion. Just the fact that it was there, and how long it took it to be sold out.

Even if we provided accurate quantities to accompany the examples, we still wouldn’t have a “real meaningful conclusion,” in my opinion. For example, if 10 of some yo-yo sold out in 2 seconds, and 200 of another yo-yo sold out in 60 seconds, I couldn’t draw much conclusion from that anyway (in terms of being impressed).

I wouldn’t be more impressed with the 200 yo-yos, unless I could say for a fact that the 10 yo-yos couldn’t sell the same if there had been 200 of them. We would never know. So, one isn’t more impressive than the other, we’re just providing what the OP asked, for a list of fast selling yo-yos.

1 Like

Green Day?

Before I clicked on this thread, and read it, I thought we were discussing people who sold out. :smiley: I was a little disappointed. :wink: This will do.

When the Chief first came out it was a really big deal, the first few runs went really quickly.