2015 YoYoFactory MYSTERY Box - *SPOILER ALERT* - Official Thread

Gentry is the only one in 1a

For 3a Patrick borgerding has been top 10

I’m a little late to the show, but I arrived non the less! Just scored my self a A Box and a X box :smiley: So excited!

Looks like there are some A boxes left still if i had more funds to dispurse i would love to get it also but my wife told me no more for awhile lol

Everyone is just going to get a YYF metal whistling yoyo and then $90 worth of half spec bearings. That is my guess. It is over a $100 value and has a metal yoyo. :stuck_out_tongue:

I won’t guess but just hope its something awesome.

In terms of how Cyborg 2.0 was as a seller, that’s probably true. But, I think it didn’t sell as well due to it costing more as a 7075, and Pat left before they fully marketed that throw. It was like it dropped, and then Pat left the team before it got the proper attention. It’s a great playing yo-yo, better than the original in my opinion, but it was a victim of circumstance. If you get that yo-yo, you’ll be lucky.

I also think it was a victim of a lack of colourways. The original Cyborg was a simply fantastic yoyo, easily one of YYF’s best ever IMO, so when I heard there was going to be a cheaper, 7075 version, I practically had a pulmonary.

However, when it was released the colourways available just didn’t really do it for me. I know 7075 is a nightmare to anodise, but if they had released a decent looking splash or even a few other solids, I would have picked one up in a second. Not everyone is as fussy with colours as I am, but that was at least my reason for not purchasing one.

Personally, I hope that there are Cyborg 2’s in the boxes so that they finally get the appreciation they deserve in the hands of a wide audience. I’ve heard other people as well as yourself say that it’s ‘better than the original’… and if that’s the case then it must be a masterpiece. :smiley:

1 Like

Gentry didn’t make it in 2013. He did in 2014-15.

1 Like

wasnt it anyone within the last 3 years? So gentry falls into that category.

I interpreted as 3 straight years, it could mean any of the last 3.

3 straight could mean Cyborg 2

Any of the last 3 could mean Horizon or Shutter.

Also as I was saying to TA on Instagram, Jake Elliot’s Atlas could be in box B.

I missed my chances due to purchasing a reverse osmosis water system for the house. I may not have mystery yoyos but at least I no longer have flouride in my water. So for that I am thankful (like alot)

Smart man. Enjoy!

I think box A will have kentaro assisted designs.

Water fluoridation fears are the new anti-vaccine. I hope they didn’t do the pink dye test to scare you into it and that your reasons are grounded in other aspects. The only truly legitimate reason to be against water fluoridation is that you cannot opt-out of it without special equipment. It’s forced on you.

Yes, it’s forced on you and has no scientifically evidenced negative effects, coupled with scientifically researched benefits… but it’s forced on you nonetheless, and that’s morally objectionable to some people.

I agree about the colorways as well, but think they may have made other colors in a second run, if it wasn’t for other circumstances mentioned above. I think it’s a shame that it didn’t live out it’s full potential. Let’s hope you have one in your box. :wink:

maybe. I’m hoping for an atlas, but I’m willing to bet that that won’t happen and there will be Cyborg 2.0’s for days (which I’m ok with). Maybe a dream, czech point, CZM8, too hot, and/or genesis. I would be super surprised if there was a dogma, but again, I doubt it. The only reason why I would even think there would be one is because it didn’t sell as well as other yyf yoyos. I’m sad there’s no daydream though, because I just want to mess around with it.

That actually is really feasible. He was recently in AZ to hang with the YYF people (I think I remember them saying something about how they were working on some projects).

I think with everyone guessing what’s inside makes it less of a mystery. Because then you are getting people to expect yoyos that everyone keeps saying will be in there. And then the mystery box wont really be a mystery anymore. But that is just me. I’d rather keep the mystery box a mystery. I’ll be staying off this thread until I get my mystery box. I’m pretty excited for it. Hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving.

although no one really knows I agree with this. It has put expectations that I wish weren’t there. So I’m gonna probably stop walking in here cause I don’t want to be let down. But i keep telling myself, even if I don’t love the a box, there’s still that sexy real bimetal.