string on finger

I place my string on the tip of my middle finger. I’ve seen some professional player wearing string on lower middle finger, closer to the palm instead of tip of middle finger. I’m just curious how many players does that too. if you use it on lower instead of tip, i would like to know why.

Dead center of middle finger. More comfortable and doesn’t strangle as badly.

1 Like

Very bottom of my index.

I do it on my thumb…well, now, wouldn’t that be interesting?

In all seriousness, middle segment of the middle finger, though when I was a kid, I always put it on my index finger for some reason.

2 Likes

Same. Middle segment, middle finger. Which is the norm that I think is referred to as the “tip” in the poll? I voted “tip” assuming that’s what was meant. But it’s not the tip, it’s the middle.

As a kid I used middle finger, but right down at the base of the finger near the knuckle.

I’ve occasionally used the “base of middle finger” if my normal spot was feeling tender, but it always feels awkward as heck now that I’m used to the middle segment of middle finger.

Ya middle of middle is the norm but I was surprised to see that Tyler Severance uses his index(or at least he did last year)

Ring finger?  This video is so beautiful.

I kind of do it at the top of the last section. I like it because it’s still near the middle part but it also has the comfort that I’m used to with the last section.

Bottom. I always feel like the string’s going to destroy my finger if I place it at the end.

Middle of the middle finger for most styles AAA is back of the middle finger.

You should add middle-middle finger to the poll.
I think it would get 99% of the votes.

2 Likes

The slip knot on the middle of my middle finger suffocates my finger. (Gets all purple and hurts) so I don’t even use a slip knot and just set it on the bottom of my middle finger.

Play through the pain, you’ll get used to it.

1 Like

Depends sometimes I do it on the tip and sometimes near my palm.

I usually use middle of middle.

HOWEVER, i sometimes use the base of my pointer or my ring finger :smiley:

sorry for confusion, i don’t really know how to describe location of finger properly, I’m going to show picture for clarify.
picture #1 or picture #2?

how do i add picture?

Definitely middle of my middle finger. It felt weird at first but now its natural.

Picture 1

Now it makes sense.
Number 1 fo sho.
I feel like I have more control.