yoyo facotry thin lub

how good is this lube every time i use a drop for my yo-yos they become responsive? do they just need to be broken in? if so how long does this take usually?

There is a good brandon Vu video about this.
You don’t need a full drop.  Use the tip of a straight pin.
Load the oil up on the tip, and you will get less than a drop of lube and that will reduce the break-in time.

Otherwise, just throw it and the lube will spread out.
Gyro flops and hard throws should have it sorted out in a minute or two.

Found the video.

It’s about 3 minutes in.

When lubing your bearing you’ll take a pindrop of lub and apply the lub directly to 1 or 2 balls. Then you can spin the bearing to work the lub in.

I just add a full drop and play it awhile till it breaks in nicely. It’s not the end of the world if your yoyo’s slightly responsive for a time–makes you a more precise yoyoer.

ok, but the yoyo definitely breaks in after some time right? it won’t stay responsive for ever…?

5 mins of spin time should fix it unless its totally flooded. If thats the case then just clean it with Acetone, and try to add less next time.

but yea, unless your using thick lube, it wont stay responsive.

so a solid 5 mins of spin time and it won’t be responsive anymore?

The answer is YES. How many times do you need to hear it.

He’s concerned, as I used to be as a beginner.

yeah I’ve been playing with it all day and it is still super responsive i only put in a drop.

If it still hasn’t broken in, it probably was a dirty bearing and putting more lube won’t fix any dirt and grime that probably gets more gummed up. Time to clean, dry and relube.

This.

Sometimes you think it’s all clean, but it really needs another dunk.
If it helps, you can’t mess up the bearing unless to run over it with your car or something.
Clean it, lube it(or no, either way) and throw it.

Or plan B- if you dont have the right stuff to clean a bearing proplery, dont know how, or just dont want to deal with it, buy a new bearing. Theyll cost anywhere from a couple bucks to 25 or so. Take your pick. they all spin. :slight_smile: