Why do you not lube a gold center track?

I’ve seen beforehand a friend of mine who owns a supposedly gold plated bearing that whatever the gold material is got dissolved when cleaning, to be fair that wasn’t a CT so it might be different.

I’d believe either the plating was supposed to dissolve with the balls acting like dry lube, or it’s a total gimmick just to make it look expensive.

Whatever that is, to answer the question, I generally don’t lube my bearings (either gold center track or anything else) when I want it to be unresponsive, because:
-the small increased drag out of the lube, sometimes the spin time is noticeably shorter
-having to spend some time to break it in
-after break in, sometimes the bearing becomes responsive again after stopped playing for a while

All of those increased hassle is just not worth it to pay for the slightly less loud and slightly longer lasting bearing. If a bearing is totally clean, it won’t be loud trust me, unless your yoyo is the “amplifier” kinda one which lubed bearing can’t even shut, and on top of it, I have never “worn out” any single bearing over the years, even the cheapest one. More likely than not you’ll get something inside the bearing that can’t be cleaned or the yoyo breaks, before your bearing ever worn out enough that it affects play.

But in the end, that’s just me…