Plastic Whip help!

Hi Everyone,

Been slaving over the plastic whip lately and just cant get it right. Any tips for getting it down? (I know just keep practising is the main one).

UPDATE Never mind, I just got it ahhahaha. I guess practice is the best tip.

This trick brings back memories - me with my Pocket Pros Zombie. My bearing had just become unresponsive from breaking it in and my slick 6 string it came with had gotten a perma-knot. I ended up making some nylon string which had a nice whip to it before I even knew about different string types and their characeristics.

When I learned Plastic Whip, I kind of did a forward upward arc with my throw hand. Within a few tries I finally got the yoyo to land in the whip.

Can someone list some trick out of the plastic whip, cause I really like it, but all I know is the g-flop, which I do out of the plastic whip… I wish I could find more uses for it :smiley:

I only know of 1 other, and a variation of it.

That other use is frontstyle bind. I’m sure you already knew that one, but it’s worth mentioning that it’s useful. If nothing else, I can play unresponsive yoyo one-handed even if it’s nothing more than plastic whip to bind over and over. :wink:

The variation is to let the entire plastic whip formation drape over the NTH forefinger. When you release the loop, it will drop into a bind (usually), which has a different look to it than swinging the plastic whip forward for the bind.

You can transition from the plastic whip to the (front) keychain.

Oh, well, thanks, I guess I’ve already tried the things you both mentioned :smiley: but I didn’t know the PW bind variation, so yea! :slight_smile:

Plastic whip also sets you up for gyroscopic flop as well

My bad…previously mentioned

I do the PW, Keychain, bind all the time. You can add bird in the nest in there too. It’s tricky to land with low walls though.