Fat Kitty yoyo string review!!!

It is here! I have some more string in the mail, so more reviews!!!

Good review!

I know alot of people love Kitty. I used to as well.
Its the a good string for the price. the best choice for budget buys for sure (the cost for 100 is great), but compared to some of the premium stings out there (which have taken my unyielding preference), its hard to believe i used to use them! hahah

I found them to burn out fast, lose color quickly, thin out, and needing replacement often, but considering their low price its no biggie to have swap out a kitty string every couple hours of play or so.

I completely understand. I have some vines in the mail. Will probably be better than Fat Kitty, but are 3x more expensive. I did find though that Fat Kitty has some qualities that no other string has. What type of string you like is all a matter of opinion, but-
Riccardo Fraolini, Pekka, Zach Gormley, Palli, Elliot Jackson, Ayumu Harada, Petr Kavka, Michael Kurti are just a few of the many throwers who use Fat Kitty.

they two best things its has going for it is Price and Availability. My favorite strings break down to about 75 cents each, and are tough to find in stock, but since i found an inside “in” to go direct and cut the retailer out, its been super easy to stock up for the next year or so.

So after shipping id say that Kitty fat averages in around -/+20 -25 cents a pop or so.

With my favs being 3 times more expensive Im happy to report that they last at least 3 times longer than any kitty ive used if not longer, hold color for ages, minimal thin out as they break in, but most importantly is the slick and fast feel over my hands and the hold of suicides and travels of slacks is nearly unrivaled. After spoiling myself on the BG1’s the feel of other strings grinding over my fingers is most undesirable (for me at least), feels rough, and weird.

They say Kitty are hand made, but. . . I do sense a clear lack of love inside them (much like machine made, which is my hunch is the case). But most people are not looking for love inside a string. they want it to be cheap and decent and kitty fits the bill for sure!

I like Kitty until they lose their bounce on throw, which usually takes an hour or so for it to start to flub. But again, that price is gonna be stupid hard to beat.

But do you really think that it is worth spending an extra .5$ a string? In my opinion, fat kitty is really good. If there was something much better, World Yoyo Contest Contestants would not use it. If a different type of string was better, you think that people like Zach Gormley and Gentry Stein would use it. After all, Gentry gets paid on how well he does in contests. You might have a yoyo string that is better for you, but from a competition stand point or a new yoyoer, Fat Kitty is the best thing out there.