Recess weekend.

Recess weekend review.

Pics guys. http://imgur.com/a/HsdZt

About the company. And the yoyo story.

Tyler started this company few months ago with starting team like pat. Ky. Ian. With all these legends in the team I and many people were pumped to see what they got.

It looked like that he had an plan at worlds 2015 they released their bi metal and mono metal.

It looked an risky move to get an bimetal up first. But it all looked good.

Now to the yoyo.

Specs:

Weight – 65 Grams

Width – 42.2 MM

Diameter – 54.5 MM

I’ll go with standard thoughts first and my opinion later.

I’ll rate this yoyo in few categories. Out of 10.

First up something that is really an important thing for most yoyos.

STABILITY.

This thing matters like really. To have a yoyo that doesn’t feels brick but have that stability is a must feature to make a yoyo good.

How weekend stands in this parameter.

9/10

This thing is as stable as it gets. Its feels not feather light but not heavy a mix but more on the lighter side. From what I know stability is when yoyo is spinning how smooth feel it gives. And how the thing reacts at diferent rpms.

This thing is the smoothest I’ve ever played easily wins this category.

Another thing at low rpms this thing is as stable as it gets.

WIDTH

Subjective.

This thing is nor narrow nor wide its a mix between which is a bit on the narrower size. I love it that way I dont like too wide yoyos that’s why I said subjective.

POWER. SPIN POWER.

10/10

This thing wins by an huge margin in this category. Like I did a 2 minute combo with hard tricks without regens just to test it out and it binded like a champ. And the rpms it spins even after an combo is exceptional. It feels as it has an motor in it it keeps spinning.

Size.

Subjective.

Again nor big nor small but mid size on the bigger size perfect for me.

SPEED.

7.5/10

Not the most speedy player. But I’m not a great speed player I can’t comment much in this category. But this will not hold you as in its doesn’t says to you to go fast or slow it plays as you want. And as it’s packaging says. " Play as needed".

HORIZONTAL.

10/10

Im not the best horizontal player but this thing helps in learning it. For finger spins can easily get 1 minute on it.

I think I’ve covered all parameters.

SHAPE.

ts a stepped V shape. Which is not to harsh on hands. Its great shape. And I love it.

PACKAGING.

10/10

It is this great I had to make a category for this. Its comes in a plastic container. Which has some nice stiff written on it. See in pictures. And you can use the packaging to store string and stuff as well.

PERSONAL OPINION.

100/10.

I love this thing. Its best for grinds. Horizontal. Speed. Or whatever you can ask for in a best yoyo it is there. Its 7075 which is another nice feature. Its bimetal design is as needed.

VALUE FOR MONEY.

100/10.

This is the most important question for me it doesn’t matter if the yoyo plays great or bad its should be according to the price. And its really nice at it. For 120$ its a bang for the buck. Its 7075. Its bimetal. Its greatly designed. And its comes in great package.

Its really special to me as pat is the one who motivates me and made me start. Not that the other team is not great but pat is a legend.

Your opinion may differ but I’m confident that I love this thing and love recess and there thoughts.

This is on my wants list, liking the blue colored one. However I’m not real big on the engraving. I don’t have anything against the Virgin Mary (I’m Catholic btw) but just seems to be out of place on a yoyo. The Bart Simpson one though seems a little more fitting. It’s a Recess afterall, and recess was a thing I looked forward to as a child. Bart Simpson was a favorite character as a kid as well.

Maybe in the coming weeks I’ll get the black one with Bart on it.

1 Like

They said there will be new engraving in few months.

But I dont really love nor hate the engraving.

I love the yoyo and that’s important.

Bart one is cool too.

‘This thing is as stable as it gets…9/10’

Lol.

What I meant is from what yoyos I’ve tried this is the most stable.

While I think there could be more stable yoyos that’s why 9/10

If that’s what you said lol for. Lol

Can it really fingerspin for a minute? The cup looks like it could get one for 15 to 20 seconds.

Pretty good review, but I don’t think rating the yoyo with points is very effective though.
Maybe it’s just me, but I really feel like I can’t imagine about the feel of the yoyo at all as I reading your review.
I hope you will write a better review next time, keep up the good work. :wink:

Cheers.