Manufacturer.-----Turning Point
Diameter----------53.12mm
Width--------------42.5mm
Gap Width---------4.66mm
Weight-------------65.8 grams
Bearing------------Size C Center Trac
Response----------19mm K-Pad

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

Ano is so dope. Wow. (I got the yellow splash)

Comes in a pretty little bag.

Pretty small, as I expected.

The organic lifted shape is very nice…

AFTER THROWING:

Stability. Wooooohooo. This thing has got to be the most stable yoyo I’ve ever thrown. The rim weight keeps it on plane forever and I can blast through my longest combos.

It feels heavier than it actually is because of the rim weight. I like it a lot. This really gives it a solid feel.

No vibe at all. This has got to be the smoothest yoyo I have ever thrown. With the fingernail test I can barely feel anything. This really gives it a beautiful look and amazing feel spinning. Wow. Big plus!

Try it for yourself. Amazing.

Most Excellent and accurate description. I have the Silver/black acid 7.

Many of Kentaros’ yoyos have a very similar shape. Regardless of diameter/width, they have a pretty distinctive shape.

Kentaros is obviously a Mastermind because he gets the most performance out of that shape in every model he puts out.

The second to last Turning Point yoyo I bought was the Leviathan 6… With the rings pressed into the inside edges of the yoyo. I was instantly impressed with how well it ‘worked for me’. Was actually kinda funny at first because even though I helped design the Minimo, the Minimotu and the Micro-Mo for Yoyojam(years ago to prove Beasts could come in small packages) I have mostly moved my size preferences up over time.

So when I got the 6 I was hoping to kinda refresh my interest in smaller yoyos. As soon as the 6 rolled down the string, I knew something good happened. So much Power in a smaller size didn’t seem possible.

Interestingly, I had purchased the 6 only a month before the 7 came out. So when I saw the New yoyo page for the 7, I thought, ‘go figure… I just got this yoyo and a New model just about the same size comes out, duh, lol’. But this one(the 7) has the weight rings on the outside. The 6 is so good, now could the 7 be even ‘better’ just because the weight was migrated to the outer edges?

I stared at the price for a minute… A long minute. Geeze, this 7 costs more than a Draupnir, lol. Considering how nice the Draupnir plays; it almost seems illegal to charge more for a yoyo, hehe.

But how would I know without trying one or buying one? Knowing nobody to borrow one from, I had to just bite the bullet and buy one.

First thing I thought when I started throwing the Leviathan 7 was that it could have been given a more realistic name like Giant Killer.

I don’t really have a personal Top 5 yoyo list. But if somebody challenged me to cough up a Top 5 favorites list; The Leviathan 7 would immediately make the list. And then I would decide on the other 4.

It is that good in my opinion.

The Leviathan 6 is like a Home run… But the 7 is like a Home run with two men on base.

Actually, I don’t think Kentaro has ever made a yoyo that I didn’t like.

2 Likes

preach!

I’m interested in the design of the Leviathan 7. I’ve noticed that most bimetals these days have a flat hub, but the Levi7 has maintained the raised hub.

That may had added enough centre weight for it to be the first balanced bimetal I’ve seen.

Connor and Doc, is this the case? Or is it still just a hollow, souless competition slayer like the other bimetals?

This question is hard to answer. The weight is distributed so well it feels like it finds its place right in the middle. It feels not to solid but not to floaty; maybe a little more on the solid side considering it IS a bimetal. Although if you were looking for the “most fun” bimetal to play with, this would definently me one of my top recommendations,

That’s all I needed to hear. That my friend is the feeling of a balanced yoyo.

Indeed!