Plastic Yo-Yo Video Contest, 5a Style!

OK, as some of you may remember, over the summer Jayyo held a yo-yo video contest. The rules were, you could only use plastic yo-yos. The purpose of this is to show people that you can do everything on a plastic yo-yo that you can do on a metal yo-yo. You can only enter 5a videos. So, the rules are the following:

1. You must be doing 5a yo-yoing. (Counterweight)
  2. The yo-yo must be all plastic. No Yoyojam metal rimmed yo-yos either. The yo-yos can be silicone recessed, but check with me about its legality if you’re not sure.
  3. It MUST be a new video and you must have a minimum of 1 minute of yo-yo play.
  4. The deadline will be December 1st. This might possibly change if needed.

I can’t think of anything else, if anybody thinks of any rules let me know.

Questionable Yo-Yos that are allowed:

Legacy is allowed
HG yo-yos are allowed
Counter Attack is allowed

Questionable Yo-Yos that are NOT allowed:

Milk is not allowed
Cream is not allowed
Silk is not allowed
Gung-Fu is not allowed

I will be participating by the way.

Right now, there is only one group, because I only have one prize. If any more prizes are donated, I will add more groups. So please donate prizes so beginners can have a chance too.

Prizes:

A modded flying squirrel. It is silicone recessed and the caps are blank except for the Duncan logo. It has been generously donated by Tyler3490.

And a picture of the recess, it’s sloppy in this picture but it’s much better now:

Thanks, guys, and give suggestions!

Donate prizes.

Yeah.

are there going to be divisions sch as beginner, expert, and other or just one big group

i might enter if i can get my vids on wmm

pmed ya 'bout prizes

I answered that. Right now it’s only one big group, but if more than 1 prizes get donated, there will be as many divisions as there are prizes.

Bump this up so people can see it!

I’m soooo in! mwahaha this is gunna be fun. ;D

for those interested here is a pic i took a while back right after i recessed the squirrel.
the sili has since been redone and is pretty much perfect the way i have it (the sili in the pic is rather sloppy)

oh and it has a light satin just to give it a more matte look, not the shiny plastic look

I’m so in this. :slight_smile:

Would a Legacy be okay?

I’m in! I love squirrels!

I can use a painted half silicone recessed FHZ, right?

Paolo: Legacy is fine
Adam: Half sili recessed FHZ is great

Get some videos in and donate some prizes!

1 Like

If I could do one minute of fresh 5a Id enter with my silicond squirrels. I love em!

woah the legacy has metal weights embedded making it a bi-metal not a plstic. i think this would affect the tourney a lot.

a flying squirrel has steel balls inside to increase the weight, most plastics use a little bit of metal to add weight, but the metal rimmed/ hybrid yyj’s use alot of metal.

Most plastics use metal axles. You’ll be cutting it close allowing NO metal whatsoever.

That is why I asked, and he said its okay, so I don’t see why you need to worry yourself about that.

If… i can make a vid I am in ;D

Yeah, it really doesn’t matter. As long as it’s considered a plastic yo-yo by the company it’s a plastic yo-yo.

By the way, no Delrins.

wow i was just gonna ask if if people can use MILKs if Legacy’s are allowed.

But isn’t Delrin a plastic?

If no delrins are allowed, the Legacy shouldn’t be allowed. Its delrin.