iYoYo - Dein YoYo. **Update: KiCKSTART Plastic YoYo on IGG**

iYoYo was born in Germany with the aim to create yo-yos with top-notch quality at reasonable, fair and affordable prices. We want to see iYoYo in the hands of as many people as we can, not just in those of the wealthiest. Please don’t be “fooled” by our very reasonable prices - we guarantee premium quality without over-pricing.

No matter if you are a collector or competitor, old-school vintage yo-yo fan or new school, professional or beginner: iYoYo is your yo-yo - or as we Germans say: Dein YoYo.

We have officially launched the brand in November 2015 and we are so grateful for all the wonderful feedback we’ve gotten from players so far! Some of our biggest fans have already sent in photoshop mockups for future colors - and believe it or not: two of them (Teal and Gunmetal Grey) have already been produced!

Please feel free to make suggestions for future colors, improvements or post any questions you may have for me or my Team!

I will update you with current news on iYoYo in this thread! :slight_smile:

1st News - October 22.

Our titanium yoyo, the TiGER (designed by ILYY) will drop at the end of the month - worldwide and of course also on yoyoexpert!

We put tremendeous effort into this one - from the design, to machining, to hand-testing every single yoyo in a 3-stage-process and even the esquisite packaging. Some lucky “backers” already received their pre-orders and the feedback is nothing short of AMAZING. We are sure you will LOVE the TiGER. It will ship in shiny gold and raw titanium. More on the TiGER later though.

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/t31.0-8/12132554_418957191641640_4196587257826113825_o.jpg

Make sure to follow our Facebook Profile (http://www.facebook.com/iyoyo.de) and our Instagram account (http://instagram.com/teamiyoyo.de/) where we will be posting about a GIVE-AWAY for TiGER’s release.

Trust me, the prize will be worth your “like” :slight_smile:

Would love to see a lime/soft metallic green color way
Excited to see what you guys can do!

i cant describe how much i adore his stuff. i own every IYoYo model ever produced and i dont know any model that doesn`t stomp it´s competitors to the ground.

IYoYo puts every sub 40 euro to deep shame. IYoYo 2 conjoins stability of the Horizon with the rpm speed of an shutter. IYoYo Steel eats every Alu/ Steel Hybrid for breakfast. And the weight of the IYoYo/ILYY TiGER is so well distributed that you instantly can tell that i can`t be made of Aluminum. Also the thing sounds like a tuning fork everytime you do the smallest error but without punishing you for it.

not paid and just a collector.

2nd News - October 25.

TiGER will be released world-wide on October 29! Make sure to watch out on YYE’s countdown!
Don’t forget to hop over to our FB-Page and Instagrams (links in upper post) for a GIVE-AWAY! :slight_smile:

When Dave started iYoYo, he knew he wanted to run a collab-yoyo of some sort with ILYY (formerly iloveyoyo). Dominik and Frank (the guys behind ILYY) have been friends with Dave for a long time and are two of the very best when it comes to designing a yo-yo that will kick ***.
During our annual Easter Meeting, Frank and Dave talked about the idea and knew there’d be the one BIG thing for a collaboration: Titanium.

This metal is quite different from the so commonly used aluminum alloys. It is significantly stronger thus allowing thin parts of the yoyo to be even thinner. But this strength comes at a price: the density of titanium is much greater than those aluminum alloys and the material is a lot harder to machine properly.

Dominik and Frank got to work and designed what would be a perfect merger of ILYY and iYoYo characteristics, aiming for an iYoYo 2 / Torino-ish style. In June, we got our first prototypes from the iYoYo factory and all of us knew we got it right.
With the help of dozens of backers, who pre-ordered the TiGER, as well as YoYoExpert and other retailers we were able to make it happen.
The final result is nothing short of absolutely stunning.

The TiGER comes in two options: shiny polished gold or raw titanium.
Both versions are made of high quality grade two Titanium and it takes about 30 minutes for the CNC machining alone! The shiny version is then polished manually one-by-one and receive a Titanium Nitride finishing, resulting in that beautiful golden look. Titanium Nitride is extremely durable and strong, usually being used in high-quality tools such as drill bits etc.
Finally, all of them receive laser engravings. We went with a very subtle engraving for the raw version for all of our fans who love minimalistic designs.

Inside of the TiGER, a superb C-size ceramic hybrid konkave bearing (licensed by Dif-e-Yo) ensures maximum and smooth spins, and 19mm response pads allow for easy maintenance.

The TiGER is limited to 100 pieces world-wide. Every single yo-yo is tested in a 3-stage quality control: directly in the factory by skilled professionals and by Dave & one of his Team members to make sure you receive only the absolute smoothest yo-yo possible.

The TiGER comes in an Aluminium Case, which was made specifically for the TiGER and perfectly accompanies this high quality product.

iYoYo and ILYY are super excited to get these out the door to you – we are 100% confident you’ll fall in love with it. Just like us.

Any specs and/or price on the Tiger?

Sure!

Material: Titanium
Diameter: 57mm
Width: 42.4mm
Weight: 66.7 g
Gap: 4.9mm
Bearing: Ceramic Konkave (licensed by Dif-e-Yo)
Made by: iYoYo
Designed by: ILYY
Price: 250 EUR | 300 USD (not sure about exact pricing, may be 290ish at YYE)
Release: Oct 29

These look awesome!

3rd News - November 13.

Hey readers,

Just a quick update for your information:

1. Currently, the next batch of iYoYo Steel is in production, we are shooting for a very early January release.
  2. The prototyping of our 2016 models “FiRROX” and “HiDRA” has been completed with great success. Carlos used the FiRROX proto to get 2nd @ Czech Nats Int’l Division and one of the other contestants actually used one after about 15minutes of play to use it on stage - he loved it that much! We are shooting for a February release
  3. We are super excited to receive the prototype for our 3rd 2016 model – I am so excited about this one. You’ll be the first to know more once I have it in my hands :slight_smile:

Meanwhile, subscribe to our Fb & instagram channels for more frequent updates, if you wish :slight_smile:

-Dave

Hello, could you tell me more about the iyoyo 2 pro? I can’t seem to find any reviews for it. Is it a bi metal? How does it play?

Buggot-

It’s a 6061 aluminium core with heavier 7075 aluminium weight rings inside.

While Bi-Metals surely have their advantages, it’s always a question “Do I need Steel rings to achieve the design I want?”

We went with heavier Al rings for the Pro as it did the job nicely AND saves the customer quite some money in the end.

Play-wise itself, the Pro is DEAD smooth. The feeling is quite organic to due the nicely rounded shape and it’ll really fly through all of your speedy tricks with massive spin.

The only thing we messed up with the Pro is the release of the Steel shortly after, which took away some “fame” that the Pro should have gotten :slight_smile: I am sure you won’t be dissapointed with them.

1 Like

4th News - November 18.

We were so busy yesterday testing new products for you, that we missed an important date, but anyhow, we are now 1 year officially in operation!

Meanwhile, we have launched 4 products, are carried by 12 amazing retailers, won 4 out of 5 divisions at German Nationals and are an officially registered European Trademark!

To sum up our year, we have made a little infographic.
Thank you to all of our fans, the amazing team and our retailers! We are looking forward to any even more exciting 2nd year! :slight_smile:

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11215784_426796610857698_8453525550961508144_n.jpg?oh=95932e339ad0bb2ddf9ff41e511b97db&oe=56F3FA60

That’s a pretty good first year! Congrats!

5th News - December 6.

On Dec 6 in 1997, I was given a ProYo II for St. Nicholas’ Day. I remember Yo-Hans on the packaging, and I remember every kid of my class had one. About a year later, I got to meet Dennis (who later got 3rd place at 2001 Worlds) who showed me 2A play and the rest is history.

18 Years later, I couldn’t be more excited to introduce you the iYoYo KiCKSTART today.
KiCKSTART will be our first injection-molded plastic yo-yo and we’re looking to make it the #1 tool for beginners to start out with! The neat part: It just takes a shim to make this yo-yo a pro plastic yo-yo with regular sized C-size bearings!

We worked hard to make this project not just come to life in any way, but to make it a MADE IN GERMANY product. Big thanks especially to Kyle Weems for designing the CAD for it!

Making plastic-injection yo-yos locally is a heck of a challenge financially, so I’d be super happy if the yo-yo community supported our project through our Indiegogo campaign!

We’ll be donating 10% of all sale (excl. PP/IGG charges) to the 2016 World YoYo Contest in Cleveland to give a portion of the help we received from the community back! :slight_smile:

I honestly can’t wait to get these out the door to you!

André has also already agreed to stock these @ YoYoExpert - so in case you’d rather order from the US, you will have a chance starting early April.

Specs:

• Diameter: 57 mm
  • Width (beginner mode): 41 mm
  • Width (pro mode): 43 mm
  • Weight: 64.7g
  • Gap (beginner mode): 2.26mm
  • Gap (pro mode): 4.26mm
  • Bearing: Centering Bearing (Size C)
  • Response: iYoYo Blue Pads (19mm slim)
  • Colors 1st run: Red, Green, Blue