Anodized my Ricochet

I mostly lurk around here, but I figured some of you might be interested in seeing this. I work with a lot of Titanium in my other hobbies, so I figured I’d do a little tinkering with some of my Titanium Yo-yos. Started with my Ricochet, since… well, it’s my least expensive one.

This one was just polished (it was originally blue) and electro anodized. Most Titanium Yo-yos seem to come in blue/purple, probably because they turn out the most vivid/consistent, so I figured I’d go with something a little different. Hard to capture on camera, but it’s an opalescent finish. Looks almost gunmetal but reflects blues/greens and pinks in the light.

Hope you like it!

6 Likes

That throw looks so nice. Great job. How does it feel?

Thanks!

I wasn’t the biggest fan of how the Ricochet plays, but this has drawn me to it quite a bit these past couple of days. Texture-wise it feels about the same as the standard raw/polished Titanium. It isn’t really a coating, just a thin layer of oxides which does really cool things with the light that bounces off of it :slight_smile:

You say the play of color & light is hard to capture on camera but I can definitely tell it is a beautiful finish. If it looks that good in a picture I can only imagine what it must look like in person.

Well, that is just downright awesome. Good work!

how much does the finish feel like anodized aluminium? does it help grinds as well?

That is absolutely gorgeous. Nice job sir!

Awsome dude i hired someone online to do my ti dream

It is a beauty.

Dang! too awesome… :o

If you really want to make em drool, make a 5 second video of it being rocked back and fourth in the light to capture the dynamic nature of color color play. Great work!

What other hobbies do you do that involved Ti?