Meet the newest member of the yo-yo community. :)

This is my class pet Godzilla. Don’t laugh, I let my students name him… I wanted Hagrid but I was out voted. At the moment he is living at my house, getting use to his new habitat before making the journey to my classroom and the eager Fourth Graders waiting to meet him. Zilla was a little curious this evening and jumped onto my Terrarian, so of course I had to get a pic of him chilling out.

1 Like

So cute! I love the name :smiley:

I agree. Great name.

how soon can we expect zilla reviews…

What are the specs of the godzilla and how does it play?

It will be a while. Poor little dude is still working on his binds. ;D

He is seven inches long, two months old, and a tad light but quite zippy. Definitely an off string affair, but incredible none the less. :wink:

That’s a cool looking lizard what type is it?

I don’t want this to sound mean, but my cat eats lizards like that. Maybe not exactly like that, but lizards none the less. On a more positive note, are you going to deck out his tank with yoyos now? That would be cool. Various donated yoyos from the community would make for a great photo. I would donate one.

Can we be expecting a trick video soon?? ;D

rawr!!!

stomp, stomp, stomp

mgodinez

cloudy…

1 Like

That is a baby bearded dragon, only two months old at this point.

I may put a yoyo in for Zilla to climb on, not sure yet. At this this age, my cat would try to eat it as well. Once Zilla is fully grown and around two feet long my cat would probably think twice. :slight_smile:

That is a pretty cool lizard. I’ve always thought about getting a bearded dragon, but haven’t done it. Please keep us posted on Godzilla’s growth and integration into your classroom.

Cool pic

I feel a signature throw coming on…

;D

umm…when will the review of the actual yoyo be out?..

Later this month, I just picked it and the Rebirth up earlier this week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Follow up:

Zilla is doing quite well in my class. The kids love having him around and the noise does not seem to be stressing him out.

He has grown about a half inch since I got him and is loving the meal worms I have been dropping in his tank… some of my students are not fond of the crunch that the meal worms make as he slurps them down like spaghetti. :slight_smile:

haha that’s great! Maybe when he gets a little bigger you can have him run around the classroom ;). I had a teacher one time do that when we were being good, she would let her bearded dragon run around the classroom.

Here is an update shot of Zilla while he is at home. I have not brought him back to school yet after our Winter Break. For comparison sake this is the same lizard and the same yo-yo from the first picture.

1 Like

How did you get the yo-yo to shrink!!? ;D

Very cute pic.