Werrd: I miss you!

I have no idea what any of that is supposed to mean.

They’re less of a company and more of a collection of people making yo-yo’s.

im sorry my language is too hard for you to understand no one understands me boo hoo and such

I keep meaning to buy a werrd minute, but color selection is limited everywhere.

That to me smells of ‘don’t really exist anymore’. I won’t be expecting anything from them.

How often do you have to release a yoyo to be considered “around”?

Well they haven’t produced any yoyos at all in awhile.

They released the JPX this year. I’m not arguing that they “are” in fact extremely active. I’m just curious what it takes to be considered inactive.

You mean,YYE stocked them then. It was released a lot earlier than that.

I saw them on some Dutch website in mid 2014.

Wasn’t aware of the earlier overseas release.

I’d say at least 1 a year. They released a few most other years before 2014. Now there is virtually nothing. Even the JPX was simply a JP with polished rims and different lasering.

JPX was a Worlds 2014 release.

Werrd isn’t Stu’s main business. When he gets busy with his main business, Werrd can definitely slow down. I know of quite a bit in the pipeline but don’t know any firm release dates at this point.

Must be at least one release every 10 years to be considered “around” otherwise your “asquare”
Glad to see you’re still around!

They make blueprint strings right?
Those have totally dried up. I can’t find them anywhere.
Last I heard Brandon Vu was sponsored by them, but that was a while ago.

Like I said, I have tried a prototype that they made recently. So they’re still making yo-yo’s, I just don’t know if they’re going to really be on the marketing money-making side of the yo-yo industry.

I was a different weight too, wasn’t it? Or was that just the result of polishing the rims down? I know the JP was 67+ grams which is why I didn’t want the JPX which was 65+ grams. Doesn’t change the fact that I would love to see Werrd back in the market of selling yoyos, but we can only wait and see, I guess.

Yes, the couple of grams difference was because of the polished rims.

Ah, thanks for the clarification, GK.

I hear you. But as far is I’m concerned, they’re making yoyos about as much as my grandmother is making yoyos unless it’s a real release I’m able to get my hands on.

You’re Grandma makes yoyos? Sweet!

1 Like