Over Arm Bind

Does anyone have a TUT for this?
It’s really hard to hit that string.

Ahhhh so thats what you were talking about in regards to getting out of the OldSpice. :slight_smile: I couldn’t quite figure out what you meant from the description. Nifty trick, thanks for the inspiration. 8)

Yeah, I would have posted that vid there, but I had already replied and then just found it.
I can get it to work about 5% of the time, but when it does, I think it’s cool :smiley:

Have the yoyo land in the string closer to your throwhand so it’s easier to guide and control the bind.

1 Like

^^ This.

When it’s coming back towards your arm and the string segment for the bind, think not only about “aiming the yoyo for the string” but also “moving the throwhand into alignment with the yoyo”.

1 Like

I’ve finally started hitting this a few times now.

For me the biggest issue has been setting up my throw hand correctly for sure. I’ve had to look over and over at how bent my arm needs to be to get the arm-throwhand segment nice and vertical, because me default when I was only worried about the trapeze was to not care too much since the string straightens out when it pivots around the bicep, and then I would just instinctively correct by lining up my offhand.

Now that I’m hitting the segment more, the next issue is timing, and learning where to pinch the string.

a lot of times I pinch over too far so by the time it hits the string, its almost at the end of its swing, and so even if I hit the string, the yoyo hits my bicep next, and just either bounces off, into a clumsy bind, or bounces backward.

similarly the timing of when to release has had similar results. I’m not confident in hitting it enough to let go early and get the cool fly-through-bind… and if I wait till I know I hit the string, its almost too late, and I’m arresting the yoyo - see above- bounce back, etc.

Anyway… I’m getting it bit by bit. Thanks again for the vid, it got me inspired to keep at this one till I figure it out.

1 Like