Bearing and Response Pad Specs for CAD Design

Hi, I’m creating a yoyo in an online, simple, CAD program at tinkercad.com. I need help creating the grooves for the response pad and the bearing. I want to use a Size C bearing and 19mm Irpads. What are the dimensions for these products and how big should the grooves be for each to fit in? Here are some pictures of what I have so far.

You should find these dimensions out by your self. It will help you alot more. You need to know the design like the back of your hand, and you wont if someone just gives you all the measurements. There is alot more too it then the measurements as well. Like machining tolerances, anno build up, etc. Hope all goes well!

2 Likes

Well, where can I find the specs for these products? Also, this is my first time designing a yoyo and I wasn’t quite sure how to apply these specs to my work. IS there anybody out there using tinkercad?

Saw you wanted to design a yoyo, that’s great! But here’s the thing, you should probably find another free CAD program to design in. I once designed a yoyo in tinkercad, and it sucked so much.

It should be easy enough to measure one of your current yo-yos if you can get your hands on some calipers.

Never “give up” on your dreams. The greatest risk in life is not taking one.

Never be embarrassed for asking for help, it’s what the other people populating this planet are here for. When you need a hand, one of the 7 billion of us can assist you.

I think YYE Garret hit it on the head for this one. Measure one of your current yoyos with calipers.

Ok, thanks!

you can get reasonably accurate calipers at harbor freight for <$20. My only advice with them is to take each measurement several times and kinda average them to get a very precise number.

Kyle

1 Like

Second time I have posted this today, but the beginning should help: