Horizontal finger spin helix string spinny bind thingy help

So I learned how to fingerspin and bind today but I’m trying to do it where you move your hand over the yoyo and the string spins around. I have done it once but can’t really get it without it binding up on me immediately. Any help would be great.

So… any advise on how to learn the horizontal finger spin and bind… I’ve been getting my butt kicked :-\

Gratz on the progress, and good luck with that string-helix-thing.

Thanks man! Such a fun trick.

So what you gotta remember is that you gotta keep your finger loose. A stiff finger is an automatic disaster. By keeping your finger loose, the yoyo will work with your finger. So throw a strong horizontal throw(not breakaway) and when your ready, hop the yoyo up and catch it on your finger. I found it easier if you keep your finger curved instead of pointed since pointing your finger tends to make it stiff. When your ready, whip the string around the yoyo and you know the rest.

Get an eternal throw elysian and you finger spin.

1 Like

i was thinking today, I don’t have any good finger spin yoyos. What should I get. Then you reminded me, I want a purple and black one. On my next wanted list.

You already have a Chief, which is pretty good to fingerspin. Gotta start it off at an angle though to get the most out of it.

i want one with no nub. I can do them with my too hot which kinda has a nub but would be sweet to have something specific for grinds.

Oh! Turtlecircle! Just put two and two together. I’ve been eyeing the alysian for a while but now I have more incentive. Probably wont find it for a while though.

Just whip the string into the gap a little bit, and immediately put your hand above to yoyo.

It’s takes practice to get it well. Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Figured as much. I’m having trouble whipping it in lightly where it won’t snag quickly. Ill give it a try.

The C3 MOVE is basically cheating for fingerspins if you can get your hands on one, and it’s a lot cheaper than an Elysian. Don’t know when/if they’re making their way to YYE though…

https://instagram.com/p/7JPHNbETDf/?taken-by=gambit_throws

I suck at fingerspins, so the fact I was able to do ^ that on it is a testament to how easy it makes them. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve gotten pretty good at them considering I just started yesterday. I think the nub on the too hot is slowing the yoyo down but I can get it pretty long. Maybe… 15 seconds? Never tried to see how long I could keep it. I’ve been busy working in the bind.

Here’s a video of me yesterday shortly after I learned it.

I also got the spinny string trying a couple times tonight during work. Pretty excited.

Edit: learned to embed

my biggest advice i can give you is DONT whip it hard whip it very gently with not that much string
if you get it right you will be in a half wound thing now place your hand above.

P.S.
                              wait a little while so the spin is weakish that makes a the soft whipping alot       easier

Don’t know about your TooHOT, but for me its’ the engraving that slows down the fingerspin. :wink: It’s still good when you’re not in the middle, though.

When you want to do the Helix thing, try throwing with the opposite spin direction. It can still bind with the same whipping motion, but it’s less grabby.

hm… That’s kinda interesting. Maybe I’ll try that.