Dark Magic 2 a review for a beginner/intermediate player

Respectfully I have to both agree and disagree with this review.

DM2 was my first Yoyo (I own 2 now) and when I’m feeling nostalgic I still play with it occasionally. I’m eternally grateful to Andre Boulay for his Expert Village Videos that introduced me to this hobby (where he’s wielding a DM2 and blowing our minds).

On one hand DM2 plays stunningly well for a plastic throw (a plastic hybrid…whatever). You can perform expert-level tricks with this. And in the hands of a pro, this yoyo can definitely sing.
Also, I think this throw comes with some great color schemes. (I’m somewhat tired of the bright color splash look), so I think DM2 owns several distinct-great looks.

But here’s the thing… tons of throws can perform expert-level tricks (for instance the $16 Replay-Pro). Also, in the hands of a pro practically ever throw can do crazy awesome tricks.

My issue is with the DM2’s price point. For $44 it is competing directly with numerous other high-quality metal throws that I feel can out perform the DM2. For example the Shutter @ $45. (only one example of many)
I’m a fan of the DM2, and in the plastic category it is amazing, but IMO it just cannot compete performance wise with the other $40-$50 throws.
If they’d just lower the price to $25-$30 I’d buy a Black Spade Edition Today.

In short the DM2 is a great throw. But if you have $40-$50 to spend, there are (many) better options available.

Pro’s:

great all round throw
very sharp-distinct look
both responsive and unresponsive configurations available

Con’s:

for the price, there are better Yoyos available that out-perform this model

anyway this is only one mans opinion, thank you for reading
Thank you Rcdrivertim for the review!!!