New CLYW Yo-Yos (inc. Bimetal)

I basically use a calculation that creates a coefficient fhat I can use to predict how a yoyo will play. I also look at a few other numbers. But ya it saves us time/money on prototyping. Orca, Maider’s yoyo, Borealis were all dead on with how we predicted they would play. It’s amazing! Yay science! Haha

2 Likes

Also don’t be alarmed CLYW is in a really good spot. Team is well taken care of. Budgets are working. We just over spent last year (think end of March 2015 as year end), which was my fault. But that’s why I have Steve here to help and make sure we are making the right decisions. Anyways TMI. It’s all good! We’re doing well :slight_smile:

This year will have a strong finish. So much good stuff coming!

3 Likes

this is weird and I’m not sure if it’s a joke or not but if it is real that is very cool.

Don’t worry Chris. A lot of us here knows you’re making moves to better the company. Do what you gotta do and all of us will see when we play the new throws. Stoked to see what’s to come. Bring us some china gold!

No joke. It helps me predict if a yoyo will play airy, more solid, and how stable, etc.

I use these numbers to compare to yoyos that we have already made. Last yoyo we have had to do a second prototype for was Scout. But it was more of a preference thing.

WORD!

2 Likes

So Chris, do you have an idea yet what pricing will be on Zach and Maider’s new yoyos? Or still to early?

Still a bit early.

Chris, I don’t want this to sound needy… but…

WE MISS YOU PLEASE DON’T LEAVE US AGAIN.

Its good seeing that cowboy/bear avatar here again. Takes me back… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Am I the only one here who’s excited for the puffin3?

say what? A puffin 3?!

It’s the first of the 4 blurred pics at the start of this thread.

oh… Very interesting. How did I miss that?

AWWWWW :slight_smile:

I’ll try to be more active here!

8 Likes

Yes! let the PM spamming begin

So I have not yet purchased my first CLYW throw. If I were to do so soon would anyone care to make a recommendation?

I am not a fast player by any means and tend to enjoy the flow and meditative aspects of throwing.

Should I look at a currently released CLYW yoyo or wait on an unreleased model (like the Borealis perhaps)?

Any thoughts?

Definitely go with the Chief. I’ve owned more Chiefs than any other yoyo, and it captures the true feel of CLYW better than anything.

2 Likes

That’s been my inclination actually. Thanks for the tip.

I always recommend the Chief as a first CLYW throw. It’s still Chris’ favorite, and it’s still fantastic.

1 Like

Agreed with everyone else. If you don’t really know what you wanna try, the chief won’t disappoint. Very unique throw.

1 Like