YoyoFactory Turntable, coming soon...

How about we make the gender post relevant and rename it “boy, girl or woman?”

How about we stick to the topic of the thread. That being the YYF Turntable. I stuck to the topic saying they should change the name. There should be no reason to make a topic to find out if someone is a guy or girl. If they choose not to tell us in their profile, then why make a thread about it. If it was that important, YYE would make it mandatory that your gender must be show in your profile or under your name in your post…
But back to being on topic of the turntable, it looks like water ripples in a pool of water, so lets have them change the name people. We got the Power.lol

The raw is a good option. But I must admit though, the blue and the black are the most boring colors they could have chosen…

The philosophy behind the yoyo was meant to be deviating from the norm, so why choose such ‘safe’, unexciting and normal colors?

I don’t mean they should have done splash or acid wash, I mean some more interesting solids.

What a pity…

1 Like

Turntable is my favorite yoyo names of all the time no need to change it.

And it matches with my company to.

But really pumped for this release.

For a fact these are already available at stores I’m gonna buy one as soon u get ma money.

How does a turntable match YoYoFactorys company? Are they busting out dj’s and having rave parties?

I’m just saying, I’m opinion The Ripple is a much better name, and it matches the yoyo now.

Or keep the name turntable that you favor so much and maybe it it just might play some music while its being thrown and you can rap to the beat of a record skipping. Lol

The ripple is way better name. Just my opinion though

I’m saying it matches my company.

I’m a shameless plug and self promoting my company. Lol.

My company is turner yoyo.co ©

Relax thinkh20. It was a joke about gender being important and also a joke on making the nonrelated comments mesh with the OP. my comment wasnt irrelevant since it was a joke on the name of the yoyo. no need to get upset.

As for the name, it doesn’t really matter what it’s name is. It’s not gonna all of a sudden suck cause the name isn’t to your liking. And perhaps they had inspiration from a vinyl when designing it. Or maybe whoever designed it likes to scratch.

And in my opinion. Turntable is better. Turntables spin. Not ripples.

I dont think it matters at all as to whether somebody is male or female…we can be identified as yoyo-ers and that is all that counts…but it sure is very embarrassing when you call someone "ma’am"repeatedly and later find out that the person is not a woman…
But other than that small thing , i dont think age or gender generally matters

Sorry again for going off topic…just a really bad habit of mine(looking at you Mr ThinkH2o) ;D ;D

Match the company :smiley:

So which YYF names match their company?

Genesis?

Space Cowboy?

Shutter?

TooHOT?

I don’t see a theme there, so it doesn’t seem like something YYF worries about. They pick cool names for their throws, end of story.

correct!!! A name is a name. It doesn’t change a product in the least. If it’s good it’s good. They can call it poo for all they care. If plays great, then that’s it. Then the title really fits. It’s the sh*t. Names don’t make great products.

Anyone jump on the turntable Aka poo yet? I know other sites have them. Really wanna try one. Wish I had the funds. Maybe when it releases here, it’ll sit around long enough for me to snag one.(yes I am a loyal yye shopper. Not that I buy many new)

I was just playing around as well, sorry if I came off all serious.

Ripple’s a wimpy name in my opinion :smiley:

What is your company?

lol yeaaah. guess your right. how about Mr. Ripples?

1 Like

why’s it gotta be a guy? You implying women are wimpy?

Just joking again.

Heey, I’m trying okay. Lol

Received my Turntable today (will post up pics later)

I tell you what, this is a really really nice yoyo. I know it’s easy for any company to label one of their yoyos as “unique”, but this really does have a one-of-a-kind feel to it. I feel like I now have a new benchmark for the word “float”… even though it sort of has a strange background solidness to it. Yep, we’re into buzzword-paradox territory already. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think feel-wise, it’s the closest that Yoyofactory have come to something like the CLYW Chief or Onedrop Citizen. Yoyofactory yoyos don’t tend to be overtly light and floaty in the way that this is. Someone said that it feels like a Titanium, and I think that’s fairly accurate. It plays closer to the light bouncyness of the Citizen than any other aluminium yoyo that I currently own… although it doesn’t have the same spin power (that’s me praising the spin of the Citizen, not putting down the Turntable).

As someone that owns a lot of yoyos by this point, I now welcome anything out-of-the-ordinary, and I think that this is a hidden gem of “different” among the waves of similar-playing aluminium yoyos out there. The raw looks sensational as well, and the price is very reasonable.

ONE THING TO NOTE HOWEVER:

Mine did come with a visible pulsing vibe. After unscrewing it and reassembling it turned from a pulsing vibe into just a bit of standard vibe. This isn’t something that bothers me in the slightest, however I know there are people out there that would get bothered by this, so I felt it worth mentioning. :slight_smile:

Regardless, it’s the most satisfied I’ve been with a yoyo purchase in a while. I see this fellow getting a lot of play time.

If you liked the feel of the Cypher, you’ll love this one even more. It’s definitely a floatier YYF, but it still has some power. It’s a unique feel, for sure. Meet my black Turntable:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5660/21890542565_5bf6d8c136_z.jpgTurntable by Total Artist, on Flickr

I have to agree with what is being said here. The Turntable is truly a fun yo-yo that has a unique feel to it. Whoever described it as like a Titanium hit it on the head. I like to find unique throws and this “special project” is just that: special. Any student of yo-yo design will need to audition this yo-yo before they draw up their next rad-design.

Pondering the physics a bit… and the Titanium factor begins to make a bit of sense. The extruding rings of material are creating a powerful spin that is greater than one would get from a solid, smooth faced yo-yo. The Titanium feel comes from the fact that this yo-yo does not have associated additional weight to give it this extended spin-time; allowing it to move and change direction faster than would be otherwise expected.

now i m just waiting for the premium colorways

ey sir! I too am waiting for premium colors.