Solid colours or Splash? Which do you prefer

What is your preference out of the two?

Splash. There can be so many possibilities, from subtle to striking. :slight_smile:

One of my absolute favorites:

I think it depends strongly on the design of the Yoyo. Some need splash, while others beg for the elegance and beauty of a bright red or gold.

1 Like

I like both. voted splash because most of my throws are splash. A solid is nice sometimes tho, about to order that brown bonfire. Dont see alot of brown yoyos, its calling me.

98% splash. Rarely will I like one solid. As mentioned, some yoyos need that elegant look.

Solid 7075 is soooooooooo nice. Solid 6061 is good too. I hate splash.

I usually prefer splash on all my yoyo’s. But sometimes there’s a yoyo that just looks so good in a solid color

I like both. But as pineapple said Solid 7075 is a killer. I like my yoyos to be grindable and nicely blasted.

I’m solid 99% of the time. I’m more into the triple fade Vendetta used to do.

I find splash usually looks like vomit to me. I usually prefer solid colours and look for yoyos that have great lines.

Me, depends…A bi-metal I prefer to be solid. I actually prefer acid wash (I’m a sucker for YYF “Galaxy” editions) over the bold splash/splatter I’ve seen. I do like a subtle splash though and have a few throws that have a subtle splatter.

splsh ever

Super Solid. Yellow or Gold is my favorite.
I was impressed by splashes when they were first emerging, but they soon lost their appeal - mostly because when you’re playing the yoyo, very few splashes look good while they’re spinning. In fact, some look solid while spinning anyway. Granted there are some killer ano techniques being developed out there and I don’t think that should stop. It’s just way down on my list of why I might buy a yoyo.

I love a solid crimson red or dark purple. Monkeyfinger and YYO put out some great looking splashes too.

I like both but it really depends on the solid color or the splash. If it looks good, then I like it.

I prefer solid overall. I do like some splash colors, but I’m a sucker for really rich and unique solid colors such as the yellow/green JT FiReal.

1 Like

I am actually kind of surprised that it is split 50-50 right now. I think Splashes are much cooler.

Nah man :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If I am running a silent bearing, I really like the “see” the splash start to show itself after the blur-solid-seeming color of the spin start to get to critical. Solid colors on silent bearings it always a gamble. Nothing that a bit of dry lube wouldnt fix, for sure.

Other than that, Its the color that it makes when its spinning that interests me over the look of it sitting still. so either can fill the bill if the color strike me eye just right. I saw a pink shutter today that made me all jiggley inside, and im not a fan of pink. haha

Its about personal opinion.