Futurama

Any Futurama Fans on here?
One of my favorite witty cartoons. I’m very sad to see that it is over.
So anyways, Anyone here a fan of this cartoon? If so whats your favorite episode and character.
One of my favorites is “The Late Philip J. Fry.”

Best cartoon, hands down

So many feels in the last episode

So good. Zoidberg FTW!

Lol I have a half eaten sandwich with a foot print with your name on it.

I would have to agree there. Very sad it came to an end. But that last episode. Amazing.

Watching Futurama right now on Netflix. Zoidberg is pumping major iron at the gym!

lol good episode…

Anyone else watching Futurama today?
i’m stuck at dialysis right now. how awesome it would be to freeze myself and wake up to a curre for kidney failure in the future. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t thought about trying it,

Anyone else at the point where someone can explain an episode, and you can give the title

Probably .

I’ve probably watched each season at least 8. I can’t help but record all the old re runs

I would say maybe 75% I can do that. Watch it all the time on Netflix.

Futurama: 30 minutes of my life that I can never get back.

Seriously, my kids watch that show. Every time I see an episode, I cannot fathom what purpose it serves other than to fill time up with meaningless stories about meaningless, unlikeable characters in order to show ads.

What ever happens on that show? What is interesting about any of these characters? Why would I want to spend time with any of them? … dunno.

Maybe it targets and appeals more to your children’s age group. I don’t watch the show, or tv in general, but that would be my first guess as to why you may be disinterested in the cartoon.

As far as lack of character development, plot, and overall worth to humanity are concerned I have five words for you.

Keeping up with the Kardashians

If that is allowed to be broadcast to millions of homes, a cartoon about an immoral robot shouldn’t come as much surprise.

It’s TV. A large majority of programs are meant to entertain. People laugh at stuff. It isn’t that heady of a concept.

I don’t know how old your kids are, but it doesn’t have a particularly young target demographic. I would say if anything, it’s got a lot of jokes that Gen-Xers would appreciate.

I love the show. It had one or two rough seasons, but apart from that it delivers hilarity. :slight_smile: That’s all that matters. I also like the characters! Who doesn’t like Fry? Who can hate Zoidberg? When did Hermes every hurt anybody? There are other characters whose schtick is not necessarily to be “liked”, I’ll grant that much. But there are sympathetic characters!

It will probably be back again like the last two times.

I like the show no matter what others think about it. Its all a matter of opinions just like everything else. Futurama has some witty jokes that some just don’t get. and not everybody gets the show. but that’s okay with me. Love it, like, hate it. Its cool with me.